Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Suckler wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-bora/19111924

Christ reading this is taxing enough.

Just do a midlands accent in your head when reading it, it all falls into place then. ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

PauloMN wrote: »
    Just do a midlands accent in your head when reading it, it all falls into place then. ;)
    With many of the ads on Donedeal I do wonder and weep for either the education system or fellas have been dropped on their heads in numbers that would be a national scandal if made public. Even more worrying is slow learners like this are on the public roads.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

The main photo is everything that is wrong with young lads and cars

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

How in the world do they think a plume of black smoke from the exhaust will make a good first photo?

Some dopes out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Does she boo lawd? :pac:

I fear people are getting stupider and stupider these days.

Not aimed at anyone here, just at the seller of that sh1tbox

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yeah you'd get a fair sore red eye if you stood behind that yoke :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

in fairness, the car needs "noting" only tyres and an NCT. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

in fairness, the car needs "noting" only tyres and an NCT. :)

Which it will pass, no bodder

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

mloc123 wrote: »
    Which it will pass, no bodder

Not on a smoke test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Badger2009 wrote: »
    How in the world do they think a plume of black smoke from the exhaust will make a good first photo?

Some dopes out there.

Cause : 'no shmoke no poke laaad'

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Some dopes out there.
    Shhh... we don't want them becoming self aware! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

http://www.grangecarsales.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=2052768&r=%26z%3D8

The want is strong, obviously. I don't think it's worth next nor near that though. Ask €1500, take anything over €1250 IMO.

This isn't the most desirable model and the more door version is the lesser appealing of the two again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I dunno, €1250 would be a total bargain. This is an old car now and old stuff gets valuable. It’s more a €2000 car IMO keeping in mind it’s a dealer selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

The want is strong, obviously. I don't think it's worth next nor near that though. Ask €1500, take anything over €1250 IMO.

This isn't the most desirable model and the more door version is the lesser appealing of the two again.

How does it have a 2 year nct when it's over ten years old

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think vintage cars get 2 year NCT's again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Looks like it got doors replaced or repaired. Probably repaired as they are pretty bad for rusting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Looks like it got doors replaced or repaired. Probably repaired as they are pretty bad for rusting

Was just about to post the same. Totally off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

wexie wrote: »

Some dopes out there.

Cause : 'no shmoke no poke laaad'

:rolleyes:

Actually saw this on the bumper of a vRS Mk1 Fabia in Greystones over the weekend. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

It did the cooing as well and sounded even louder than those PD TDI lumps usually do.

No doubt this is six cylinder petrol BMW owner snobbery talking here (because they do sound great as they are IMO) but I honestly don't get the appeal of making a diesel louder and especially not the 'coo' sound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Actually saw this on the bumper of a vRS Mk1 Fabia in Greystones over the weekend. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

It did the cooing as well and sounded even louder than those PD TDI lumps usually do.

No doubt this is six cylinder petrol BMW owner snobbery talking here (because they do sound great as they are IMO) but I honestly don't get the appeal of making a diesel louder and especially not the 'coo' sound!

I can't say I get it myself but there ya go, there's a reason there' a market for these things

s-l1600.jpg

And I'm guessing that if it wasn't for emission legislation and NCT we'd be seeing nonsense like the below here as well. Imagine having your car remapped just to make it more smokey cause somehow it's cool ?:confused: Maybe it's just cause I'm getting old that I don't get 'it', but I like to think it's cause I'm not a moronic muck savage

• Advertisement

I would love if legislation was brought in to allow the Gardai to seize cars that pump out smoke like that. It only serves to pollute and annoy people.

I've had it as recently as Sunday where I was behind a car like that. Big plume of rotten smoke in the window and through the vents :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I would love if legislation was brought in to allow the Gardai to seize cars that pump out smoke like that. It only serves to pollute and annoy people.

I've had it as recently as Sunday where I was behind a car like that. Big plume of rotten smoke in the window and through the vents :(

Totally agree (and I drive a large diesel!!)

It infuriates me when Im stuck behind a total s**tbox with plumes of smoke pumping out from their rear end.

I once (admittedly rather aggresively) overtook an is220d because I didn't want to be stuck behind it inhaling its rotten fumes (no doubt due to the common head-gasket issues on those buckets of sh**e)

Driver angrily beeping and flashing at me afterwards.

My 3.0TDi emits no smoke (DPF still present)

My previous 1.9TDI A4 had 167k miles no DPF and was remapped .... 0.003 on its last smoke test at the NCT.

Smokey ****boxes like that should be immediately seized and impounded.

My 3.0 diesel is the same, not a drop of smoke and clean exhaust tips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

My e46 320d will pump a bitta smoke under heavy acceleration. 1 cat still in place, no boost leaks, not remapped, well serviced and a fresh air filter. It has done this for the last 10 years at least. feck all I can do about it.

Tbh if ye're that precious that a bit of smoke from an exhaust ruins the day then maybe get an EV and an oxygen mask at least that way the pollution is contained to the people in close proximity to the precious metal mines.

Doesn't ruin the day but ruins the environment that DPFs were made to protect. Why should I get an EV when my car doesn't pump out that crap let alone pump out excess amounts of it on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

I still have this image of a red 406 D-Turbo smoking out a 335i at Midway many moons ago...! :P

Soz :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

My 3.0 diesel is the same, not a drop of smoke and clean exhaust tips :)

How would I go about keeping exhaust tips clean on my car, 1.9 diesel?
    Sorry if o/t

I still have this image of a red 406 D-Turbo smoking out a 335i at Midway many moons ago...! :P

Soz :o

My point exactly haha :D
    D Trent wrote: »
    How would I go about keeping exhaust tips clean on my car, 1.9 diesel?
    Sorry if o/t

I use Meguiars metal polish and a cotton pad for the outside. For the inside and lip it's metal polish and a cone-shaped pad that attaches onto my polishing machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

A heap of crap, I had one of those and the passenger wing mirror along with the rear wash wipe were options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Doesn't ruin the day but ruins the environment that DPFs were made to protect. Why should I get an EV when my car doesn't pump out that crap let alone pump out excess amounts of it on purpose?

Ruining the environment is a bit of a stretch.
    Your car still emits nox whether you like it or not. Someone could be driving behind you during a dpf regen...
    So in short does that mean you're ruining the environment?
    (Hint: it doesn't. In fact no average person is)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement