Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

ION08 wrote: »
    I'd also be willing to bet that it's actually 172k Miles - not Kilometers as the ad suggests....

Anyone want to find out?

The clocks didn't come in kms in those unless he's done a conversion to KMs somehow

That's seriously in the dreamer category. There was one on donedeal a few weeks back for €750!

I sold mine 5 years ago with 200k miles but in mint condition for €1,500!

If someone pays that for it they are nuts although they are getting rarer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

why do people think they will sell a car with really cr@p photos like that, let alone command 6K?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Always makes me suspicious when there are no pictures of the interior.

Wouldn't be worth €2k IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Kamili wrote: »
    why do people think they will sell a car with really cr@p photos like that, let alone command 6K?

Can someone please call him and tell him he's a gob$****e :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Whoa there, a 99 skoda Felicia is not anywhere near a classic yet. ;)

Advert words not mine, so yeah whoa is right on all accounts! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Kamili wrote: »

I always think you can spot the **** a mile off by the quality of the ad and pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

emeldc wrote: »
    I always think you can spot the **** a mile off by the quality of the ad and pictures

Completely agree but didn't want to say it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't think it is right to refer to advertisers as gob*****s and w*****s.
    We are just a group of people who are interested in cars no need to be nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Tropheus wrote: »
    Always makes me suspicious when there are no pictures of the interior.

Wouldn't be worth €2k IMO.

Indeed, no interior photos, no photos of the instruments.

If it was a V6 it might be worth maybe €3-4k since PSA haven't made a V6 petrol in a long time and they would be so incredibly rare, but a 2.2 diesel Coupé, I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

That 406 is a €700 car to me. Would not pay a cent more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

€4k, automatic, no NCT

geez.....old colleague of mine had one of them, literally couldn't give it away when he left the country and ended up scrapping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Remember when a friend of the family got one of these in 1991 or so. It might as well have been a Ferrari to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Indeed, no interior photos, no photos of the instruments.

If it was a V6 it might be worth maybe €3-4k since PSA haven't made a V6 petrol in a long time and they would be so incredibly rare, but a 2.2 diesel Coupé, I don't think so.

I made an attempt to buy a V6 coupe last year to add some of the bits off it onto my non coupe 406, notably the brakes all round and strut brace to start.

The seller wouldn't budge off his advertised price. This is fine if the car was priced reasonably and I have on many occasion given full asking price, but in this case this car was overpriced. It was not overly far away. I was the only viewer for the car which was on sale for a very long time prior, possibly the only person stupid enough to try negotiate with this particular ape. I even flashed the cash in front of him stating I can take it away right now, but greed took over and he wanted the extra bit.

I put the money away, got in my car and drove out

He feebly rang me when I was way down the road saying he'd reconsider

He still has the car to this day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

elperello wrote: »

You're probably right but I've read the ad several times again and my opinion of the seller hasn't changed. It's not just the price, time warp condition me hoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

emeldc wrote: »
    You're probably right but I've read the ad several times again and my opinion of the seller hasn't changed. It's not just the price, time warp condition me hoop.

"No drive without cash", difficult to think much of someone putting that on ad for an old 406.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

They made a caddy pickup based on the mk1 Golf (we got them here while the Mk2 Golf was out til the early 90s I think) , they did a badge engineered VW version of the Skoda Felicia based pickup , which I think was for some emerging market.
    The Felicia was a development of the Favorit, which itself was a pre VW model, VW had input in developing the Felicia of course, and the 1.9 non turbo engine is from VW.

The Felicia type pickup to get is the Fun model, which has a rear seat and bulkhead that slides into the load bed. They’re 1.6 petrol IIRC and usually yellow.

Maaaan, i doff my hat to that level of knowledge...felicia pickups in yellow...love it

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

Remember when a friend of the family got one of these in 1991 or so. It might as well have been a Ferrari to us.

Those popup lights, ahh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Haha yep! Probably the first car I ever saw in the flesh as a child and went... “wow” that is cool. Started me off on my Mazda buzz of the late 90s, I owned one of them, then the 323 that came after it then a Jap import MX3. At the time I thought they were rocketships!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

60k euro for a 12 year old Mercedes

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-cl-class-cl65-amg-6-0-v12-bi-turb/19278425

Granted I know it’s very special, but jaysis who would pay that money to run a 6litre v12

How do you even come up with a value for that.

The only reason I ended up googling it was I was watching a barret Jackson car auction live from Las Vegas (discovery turbo) and the exact same year CL65 Amg sold for 17k USD. I was curious how much it would be in Ireland. Some difference!

Muppet man

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭pah

elperello wrote: »

Anyone who prices a max 2k car for 6k is a complete and utter gob5hite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Haha yep! Probably the first car I ever saw in the flesh as a child and went... “wow” that is cool. Started me off on my Mazda buzz of the late 90s, I owned one of them, then the 323 that came after it then a Jap import MX3. At the time I thought they were rocketships!

I always thought they were a really cool looking car back in the day too! Pop up headlights were so space age back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Pop up headlights were so space age back then.

Even now, who does them? If someone did do pop up lights now they'd be very eye catching.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Even now, who does them? If someone did do pop up lights now they'd be very eye catching.

Aren't they banned now for pedestrian safety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Aren't they banned now for pedestrian safety?

Including cyclists as well, presumably *shakes fist* :pac:

I wonder could they design collapsing headlights if they had an impact ?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Pops_20

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-glanza-turbo/19932484

Are these really making this much nowadays? It's not long since similar examples bottomed out around 1500-2500.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I always thought they were a really cool looking car back in the day too! Pop up headlights were so space age back then.

A neighbour had a black 1992' 323F back in the day and I thought it was a sports car! Those lights popped up like a Testarossa. They were really cool looking in the day. Shame it was no quicker then a 121.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Pops_20 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/99-glanza-turbo/19932484

Are these really making this much nowadays? It's not long since similar examples bottomed out around 1500-2500.

I'd say 1500 - 2500 would be a good price, as its 19 years old and those cars were built to be driven hard, and most were. Is there much of a demand for them now? lads under 20 probably wont get insured on them any more, and that was the main demographic of their owners.
    There were lots of them around my college in the early to mid naughties.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement