Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

And the winner of dreamer of the year is...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Ensti

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Ensti wrote: »
    Don't know what these are worth but,

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2527384

Wouldn't pay it for a 03

Priced a little high, but not ridiculously so. That's the newer 140bhp engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Ensti

ottostreet wrote: »
    Priced a little high, but not ridiculously so. That's the newer 140bhp engine.

Oh right, had a feeling it wasn't ridiculously high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

9 Photos of various different angles of the front of the car (wonder whats wrong with the rear?) - and one crap interior pic ... yup - tit sums him up nicely alright! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Top Dog wrote: »
    9 Photos of various different angles of the front of the car (wonder whats wrong with the rear?) - and one crap interior pic

Exactly what i was thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Exactly what i was thinking!

In the first pic, there is an arty faded out pic of the rear of the car...is it just me, or is the boot open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

How to ruin a perfectly good car. It would be worth more without all the crap on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Re: the 318 coupe

I dunno, values of these have dipped recently.

I was offered a 04 318ci SE with 110k and a years test about 2 weeks ago for €4250. Another €250-300 for a valet and a bumper touchup would have had it immaculate.

Granted, it was manual (better, IMO) and had no leather (which you could get from a breakers for €500 if you really wanted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2538142

who even buys these pieces of **** - look at the state of that interior.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

heate wrote: »

Pile of shite made popular by a movie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I'd drive one! Not for long, though. That one has a horrible interior alright, but sure enough some fool will hand out the bob :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

heate wrote: »

What always annoys me about these ads is no mention of mileage, engine size, tax and the numberplate blanked out.
    This seller has something to hide, dodgy, dodgy, dodgy, run, run, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the "no timewasters" line will ALWAYS make me think "Next!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

seems way overpriced for a piece of rust http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2560108

ugglasdav wrote: »
    seems way overpriced for a piece of rust http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2560108

Now that has to be a typo, can see an enthusiast paying 600 for it maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I want whatever this guy is on - €1000 for an 18 year old BMW which needs ...
    Needs new Radiator (approx €70), fan belt, tyres, and has crack in windscreen.

:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/3-series/3-series/bmw-3-series-for-sale/960055

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e26336a94b18f3fb13dbc3458d05f86c2909a0.jpg

Though since it'll be considered a classic in 2 years maybe its worth it? :pac:

Top Dog wrote: »
    I want whatever this guy is on - €1000 for an 18 year old BMW which needs ...

:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.adverts.ie/car/3-series/3-series/bmw-3-series-for-sale/960055
    Though since it'll be considered a classic in 2 years maybe its worth it? :pac:

I wonder where he thinks he can get a rad for one of those for E70? Cloud cuckoo land?
    And won't qualify for classic tax before 2023.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

I wonder where he thinks he can get a rad for one of those for E70? Cloud cuckoo land?

A rad costs < 63 EUR for those on eBay in the UK: http://cgi.ebay.ie/BMW-318-E36-Radiator-60735A-03-1994-00-0000-/320743020783?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aadc618ef

Talking to breakers you'd probably get it for the same or less.
    And won't qualify for classic tax before 2023.

Classic and vintage tax are two different things. The ad says nothing about vintage tax. It says, that the car is considered a classic in 2013, which is correct. Insurances will consider it a classic car then. That has nothing to do with vintage tax or vintage status.

While 1000 EUR might be a bit OTT for the car in that state, it's doesn't belong in dreamers of the year.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2562073
    Goin like a absolute bomb. Weapon of a car. First to see will buy no doubt.

Full?id=8072383

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

zerks wrote: »

Looks more like a bomb hit it..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

3229681-1.jpg
    Here we have a 1 off ''Field Motorsport'' 2.0 FOUR WHEEL DRIVE COSWORTH MK7 FIESTA WITH 550BHP.

Check out the asking price :rolleyes:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Hal1 wrote: »

Holy fcuk. I was thinking you were being a bit pedantic posting that until I seen the price...:eek:

pic

I want it...

Marlow wrote: »
    A rad costs < 63 EUR for those on eBay in the UK: http://cgi.ebay.ie/BMW-318-E36-Radiator-60735A-03-1994-00-0000-/320743020783?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aadc618ef

Talking to breakers you'd probably get it for the same or less.
    Classic and vintage tax are two different things. The ad says nothing about vintage tax. It says, that the car is considered a classic in 2013, which is correct. Insurances will consider it a classic car then. That has nothing to do with vintage tax or vintage status.

While 1000 EUR might be a bit OTT for the car in that state, it's doesn't belong in dreamers of the year.
    /M

Well, classic and vintage tax are just two names for the same thing.
    A car is considered classic/vintage (or whatever) from a tax point of view when it's 30 years old. It is also exempt from NCT at that point.
    There really is no hard and fast rule as to when it is considered classic/vintage from an insurance point of view.
    Once had a W123 Merc that was 23 years old at the time and some classic/vintage insurance companies would insure it, others not and some would insure the coupe, but not the four door.
    Calling that Bimmer a classic is just a nice way of saying it's an aging, rusting shed with a million things wrong with it that will cost E3000 at least to set right.
    That, along with the purchase price, means you'd have to have a double lobotomy to even consider buying it.
    So, the rad is cheaper on eBay (I was looking at Mick's Garage), but in the long run it won't make a difference, that car is a shed and a money pit, when it comes to old cars, the rule is always: Buy the best you can possibly afford.
    Only high end classics, such as E-Types and the likes, should be considered in shed condition.
    But sometimes someone will just fall in love with a car no matter what it looks like and sink a fortune into it with no hope of ever recouping it, so maybe someone will fall in love with that thing and buy it.
    Not always about sense.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Well, classic and vintage tax are just two names for the same thing.
    A car is considered classic/vintage (or whatever) from a tax point of view when it's 30 years old. It is also exempt from NCT at that point.
    There really is no hard and fast rule as to when it is considered classic/vintage from an insurance point of view.
    Once had a W123 Merc that was 23 years old at the time and some classic/vintage insurance companies would insure it, others not and some would insure the coupe, but not the four door.
    Calling that Bimmer a classic is just a nice way of saying it's an aging, rusting shed with a million things wrong with it that will cost E3000 at least to set right.
    That, along with the purchase price, means you'd have to have a double lobotomy to even consider buying it.
    So, the rad is cheaper on eBay (I was looking at Mick's Garage), but in the long run it won't make a difference, that car is a shed and a money pit, when it comes to old cars, the rule is always: Buy the best you can possibly afford.
    Only high end classics, such as E-Types and the likes, should be considered in shed condition.
    But sometimes someone will just fall in love with a car no matter what it looks like and sink a fortune into it with no hope of ever recouping it, so maybe someone will fall in love with that thing and buy it.
    Not always about sense.;)

Eh-eh. Wrong!
    Classic's considered to be 20+
    While vintage is 30+

Same motor tax applies to classics although much cheaper insurance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

A ton per horse. Lunatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭whizbang

Forgive me for sounding silly, but is motor tax applied to classics only for cars registered before 1980? and not 30 years?

Sobanek wrote: »
    Eh-eh. Wrong!
    Classic's considered to be 20+
    While vintage is 30+

Same motor tax applies to classics although much cheaper insurance!

OK, maybe I got mixed up in the terminology.
    E40 a year tax and NCT excempt, 30 years+. I understand that is termed as "vintage"
    That is a hard and fast rule, always applies.

Classic car Insurance, up to the the insurance company.
    A 24 year old Merc I once had was not considered a classic because it was the 4 door version, had it been the 2 door coupe, it would have qualified. Even though it was identical in every way apart from the number of doors.
    When rang other insurance company, it was accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

whizbang wrote: »
    Forgive me for sounding silly, but is motor tax applied to classics only for cars registered before 1980? and not 30 years?

For cars first registered before 25th September 1981!

In my mind...

Classic is a term applied by many to cars that now qualify for cheaper insurance than normal due to their 20+ years of age, as they are considered of lower risk.

Vintage is a term applied by the revenue to cars that were first registered 30 or more years ago and therefore qualify for cheaper road tax and fixed €200 VRT.

• Advertisement

Talk about off-topic! You can start a new thread in Classic Cars if you wish...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement