Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the Dublin Based ladies...

Options
  • 19-02-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

A friend emailed this event to me. Sounds like a great night out. I'm definitely going.:)

Light House Cinema Screening to Celebrate International Women's Day

Join us for a girls' night out and support a great cause!

Monday 9th March 2009
    7pm - 10pm

Share a fun girls' night out with friends and join us for a glass of wine and a special charity screening of 'Legally Blonde'. We've even thrown in an Avon goody bag for your enjoyment. The proceeds from your ticket will directly support the work of Women's Aid to help the 1 in 5 women in Ireland who experience domestic violence.

Why Legally Blonde? Reese Witherspoon is the global ambassador for the Avon Foundation's 'Speak Out Against Domestic Violence' campaign. The symbol of this campaign, Avon's Empowerment necklace is also available at the event, with proceeds donated to Women's Aid.

Tickets: €30 per person (Seats are limited so book early)
    Prepayment Required
    Venue: Light House Cinema, Smithfield, Dublin 7

Contact Stefania Demurtas on 01-8684721 or email stefania.demurtas@womensaid.ie

Details are on facebook and the flyer is attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

One in 5? Have Women's Aid realised that one in four sounds too sensationalist now? Nice idea though :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

No ladies post here anymore, you should ask for access to..............

• Registered Users Posts: 40 belfastbelle

okay, don't get the comments.

But in relation to the one in four remark - I think you'll find that one in four is the statistic Women's Aid in the UK use.

Women's Aid Ireland has always used one in five.

Two different countries with varying prevalence rates.

Advertisement