Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most underated player in the Premierleague...

• 19-02-2009 4:48pm

and why? what has he achieved or not achieved during his career which he deserved. Why does he warrant the title of the most underated player of the premierleague Right NOW.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Darren Fletcher. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

-1 from a Man U supporter too

i think Fletcher is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Michael Carrick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Il probably get a lot of abuse for saying this but........... John o Shea maybe slightly underrated. To consistently perform with the best team in the league, ok he doesnt play every game but he is very versitile and SAF must see something in his game to not have offloaded him to a lower placed team. Right back, center back, left back, midfield.... he can slot in anywhere and do a decent job.

why do you think he's underated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Andy Reid

maybe fat, but hes smart and has an eye for a pass

Il probably get a lot of abuse for saying this but........... John o Shea maybe slightly underrated. To consistently perform with the best team in the league, ok he doesnt play every game but he is very versitile and SAF must see something in his game to not have offloaded him to a lower placed team. Right back, center back, left back, midfield.... he can slot in anywhere and do a decent job.

Even in goal, yeah. I think he's underated. Definately, not many agree but its impressive with how well he can play anywhere he's needed, he's great back-up and a great utility player imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

up front and in Goal to.........;)

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭JMB88

100% agree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Is it possible to be underated in England?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

CHD wrote: »
    Is it possible to be underated in England?

As long as your not English then yes it is possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

aaron lennon

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Alvaro Arbeloa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Sanli Tuncay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Carroller wrote: »
    -1 from a Man U supporter too

i think Fletcher is terrible.

Kind of proved his point.

You are wrong btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

luke young

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

and why? what has he achieved or not achieved during his career which he deserved. Why does he warrant the title of the most underated player of the premierleague Right NOW.
    Continuing our conversation from last night I see :pac:

Personally I think Carew is top class and doesn't get enough credit

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Carew is a good shout, very important to Villa as is Martin Laursen. The man is a man mountain and one of the best defenders in the league. You don't get to Milan by being a bad defender... unless you're Senderos.

O'Shea has rarely let us down and gets an unreal amount of stick. He's been playing some great stuff recently too. Evra, IMO, is an extremely important player for us aswell. His runs down the left often result in many of our attacking opportunities and for me he's the best in the world at left back.

Up until recently Vidic was very underappreciated by fans outside of United.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Carew is a good shout, very important to Villa as is Martin Laursen. The man is a man mountain and one of the best defenders in the league.
    Can't believe I forgot Laursen!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Other than Vidic the best centre half in the division in my opinion and yes I include all overated english centre halves in that.
    Must say Luke Young is playing wonderful stuff for Villa at present.
    Outside of Villa I think Jack Collison at West Ham is going to be a super player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Rio Ferdinand ;)

From a Liverpool perspective, I would go with Arbeloa..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Fernando Torres. I feel Liverpool fans don't give him enough credit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i honestly think ferdinand is a bit under rated but that is simply because of who he is. i think half the reason vidic is as good as he is, is because of rio. ppl love to hate rio tho, god knows i do but he is one of the main reasons there is a love in for vidic atm.
    that being said, i do think vidic is being a bit over rated atm. excellent player and probably the most in form cb in the PL right now, but he isnt that amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Niko Kranjcar.

Single-handedly took Man City apart last week. He's been injured a lot, but that performance reminded me of just how special he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Rio Ferdinand ;)

From a Liverpool perspective, I would go with Arbeloa..

When was Rio ever underatad? Have you forgotten he broke the British transfer record when he went to united and he is half the player more recently than he was when at Leeds. Great defender when on form but hardly underated me thinks

Wilson palacios, Well underated. Ask any Wigan fan. (May need to travel to Wigan first);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

Arteta, Cahill and Park Ji Sung.

Even though they are starting to get huge recongnition, its still nowhere near what it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Steed Malbranque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Jazzy wrote: »
    i honestly think ferdinand is a bit under rated but that is simply because of who he is.
    He was the best defender in the world for last season. Himself and Wes Brown had the worlds best attack in their pockets during the Champions League final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Most of the Everton team. Hibbert is probably the definition of underrated.

Stilian Petrov is one of Villas best players this season, and people barely even acknowledge his existence outside of Villa fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

He was the best defender in the world for last season. Himself and Wes Brown had the worlds best attack in their pockets during the Champions League final.

When you say world do you mean carrington on a monday morning without Vidic and brown at training?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

weemcd wrote: »
    aaron lennon
    If he could learn to cross he's be great. But almost every cross he makes seems to go out for a goal kick.

Sort of agree about Rio. Almost everyone says he's over rated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

gareth bale

i'd love villa to take him from spurs while we're at it we'll take bentley too, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

That reminds me, last year I would have said Nicky Shorey, but he hasn't really worked at villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Habib Beye.

Best right back I have seen in the black and white since I started supporting them, and not really anyone currently in the EPL that I would rate above him in that slot.

Criminally underrated, but happy to leave it like that, as we don't want him poached.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Samurai wrote: »
    gareth bale

i'd love villa to take him from spurs while we're at it we'll take bentley too, thanks!

Gareth Bale????? He has potential maybe but has played very poorly for Spurs since he joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

JPA wrote: »
    Gareth Bale????? He has potential maybe but has played very poorly for Spurs since he joined.

Have spurs actually won a game when he has started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Phil Babb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Arteta, Cahill and Park Ji Sung.

Even though they are starting to get huge recongnition, its still nowhere near what it should be.

+ 1
    All of the above & add Laursen to that too!

JPA wrote: »

not sure i saw his first few games for spurs and he looked immense, he's just wasting away on the bench now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

didnt Laursen get into the PL team of the season last year? how is that possibly under-rated?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

morten gamst pedersen

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

morten gamst pedersen

He hasn't done much for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

mayordenis wrote: »
    He hasn't done much for a very long time.

Maybe it just went unoticed:P

hes hardly underrated tho

Samurai wrote: »

why the bloody hell would you want him at villa?

we dodged that bullet once already

Helix wrote: »

pfft if by dodged you mean signed shorey i'd say the bullet hit us straight in the face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Dante

Helix wrote: »

Because there's no denying he has potential, Spurs just don't seem to be the right club for him. I think he could play better at villa....that's if he put some effort in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Maybe it just went unoticed:P

No, he actually hasn't, nowhere near the form he was in a couple of years ago, ever since the talk of other clubs being interested if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Big Bad Titmouse Bramble!

He is in the top 1% (actually, its probably more like 0.0001%) with regard to football ability on a planet of about 6 billion and yet he is called sh*t and stupid on a daily basis by fat blokes in uncomfortable shirts that cost 50p to make and £50 to buy WHO have never kicked a ball in their collective lives:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement