Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most underated player in the Premierleague...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Xavi6 wrote: »
    We'll see when the end of season awards are handed out. He won't win any of them (other than probably our club award) and won't make the Team of the Season.

the sad fact is that i think this is true aswell! he well deserves to be in it but just wont! great player!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Tuncay for me.His work rate is excellent and his passing is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well Stephen Ireland is certainly not underrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

eagle eye wrote: »
    What about Arbeloa, Spanish International and first choice at Liverpool. How is he underrated?

Well, look at people's comments on him on these pages. He always seems to be referred to as a bad buy by Rafa!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Bassong. The new Desailly. A rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

kinaldo wrote: »
    Bassong. The new Desailly. A rock.

Ssssshhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mark Schwarzer.

One of the best keepers in the Premiership over the past decade imo, and still performing superbly on a weekly basis. Rarely, if ever, comes up in discussions about great goalkeepers.

Was also criminally overlooked in our very own fantasy draft.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mark Schwarzer.

One of the best keepers in the Premiership over the past decade imo, and still performing superbly on a weekly basis. Rarely, if ever, comes up in discussions about great goalkeepers.

Was also criminally overlooked in our very own fantasy draft.
    Got me 12 points this week :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Same here kevin.

He's probably the most consistent Keeper in the league. Best buy of the summer imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Mark Schwarzer.
    Same here kevin.

He's probably the most consistent Keeper in the league. Best buy of the summer imo
    Got me 12 points this week :)

ditto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm biased, but Stan Perov. Niko Kranjcar doesn't get enough praise either imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Carroller wrote: »
    -1 from a Man U supporter too

i think Fletcher is terrible.

He's been very good the past too seasons. Shocker of a post. And a Manchester United fan using the word "Man U" !!!

Mark Schwarzer, Scott Parker, John O Shea, Robert Huth, Danny Murphy, Emile Heskey, Kuyt and Luke Young for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

What about Arbeloa, Spanish International and first choice at Liverpool. How is he underrated?

he's not underrated, he's overrated in the sense that he gets free shirts for attending liverpool matches god knows he can do nothing else, and i'm a liverpool fan.

Underrated in the premiership - James Beattie, Simon Davies, Kevin Davies

Carroller wrote: »
    -1 from a Man U supporter too

i think Fletcher is terrible.

Nonsense. Fletcher is class. Big game player and never lets the team down. Sure he's no Roy Keane/Vieira but not many are. He's still a very very good player and way better than he's given credit for.

Also...."Man U" - :rolleyes:
    Smegball wrote: »
    Michael Carrick

Agreed, Uniteds play flows so much better when he's in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Yakubu-He's a top notch striker and very confortable in leading the line. One of the ebst in the PL but doesn't get the credit he deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 177 ✭✭mercuroman

I would have to say Tugay, he's 38, can't last a full match but he's so smart, great passer and has some shot on him.
    Also Phil Neville - really think he does a great job for Everton and never gets the kudos

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Also...."Man U" - :rolleyes:

I read that and was going to tear him a new arsehole but decided to leave it. **** sake, any United fan who refers to United as 'Man U' should be shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Nicky Butt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

I read that and was going to tear him a new arsehole but decided to leave it. **** sake, any United fan who refers to United as 'Man U' should be shot.

Just curious, but why the fury at the term 'man U'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Nicky Butt.
    Ahem, this thread is about most underrated, not overrated, players in the EPL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'm going with Ji-sung Park.

was almost always the best player on the pitch when i saw him in the champions league with PSV. never a peep out him despite Fergy rarely if ever playing him in his favourite central poisition, and always works his off, even if things are going against him. people are slowly beginning to come around to him, but still.... this was a guy capable of tearing champions league teams apart with PSV, doesn't really get a fair bite of the apple at United still when you consider that imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Titus Bramble without a doubt. He may make a serious **** up every now and again but makes up for that 10 times over.
    Have to disagree with you there, when did he ever play well for Newcastle?
    Let me have a think about that now.............. never!!!!:eek::eek:

Fernando Torres. I feel Liverpool fans don't give him enough credit.

Please, if any 'Pool fan I've ever talked to about Torres caught him in bed with their bird, they'd tuck him in just in case he got a cold.

Now: Wes Brown. Does as well as if not better than Ferdinand when he plays. Never gets a mention in a psoitive light.

Ever: Dinny Irwin. Most under-rated player in any sport. Ever.

Jamie Carragher,
    Severel underrated by England, never got a fair go.
    If only he was a Geordie :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Jazzy wrote: »
    i honestly think ferdinand is a bit under rated but that is simply because of who he is. i think half the reason vidic is as good as he is, is because of rio. ppl love to hate rio tho, god knows i do but he is one of the main reasons there is a love in for vidic atm.
    that being said, i do think vidic is being a bit over rated atm. excellent player and probably the most in form cb in the PL right now, but he isnt that amazing

Lol, had to laugh, most peoples opinion on Rio and Nemanja are the exact opposite, Rio is much less prone to mistakes when Vidic is beside him. Don't forget all those fantastic performances from Vidic over 13 games with no goal, did he fall to pieces without Rio, in fact he was absolutely immense.
    Vidic was amazing last season and was in PFA team of the year, Vidic was amazing the season before that and he was in the PFA team of the year, Vidic is amazing again this season and is most certainly going to be in the PFA team of the year and has a good shot at PFA player of the year. That's more than Terry or Carvalho or Rio or Carragher or any other CB in the prem.

• Advertisement

Have to disagree with you there, when did he ever play well for Newcastle?
    Let me have a think about that now.............. never!!!!:eek::eek:

have you watched Wigan this year???:mad:

Trilla wrote: »
    He's been very good the past too seasons. Shocker of a post. And a Manchester United fan using the word "Man U" !!!

Mark Schwarzer, Scott Parker, John O Shea, Robert Huth, Danny Murphy, Emile Heskey, Kuyt and Luke Young for me

he doesn't play football. he's never managed over 20 apps a year.

have you watched Wigan this year???:mad:

No, I haven't, I seen them when they played Newcastle alright thats about it. But I tell you one thing he was absolutely useless when he was at Newcastle when did he ever play well at Newcastle? Never.
    I was praying he would get transferred, he was meant to to be all that whe Newcastle signed him, what a waste of £5m Newcastle spent on him.
    He was a liability in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Steed Marlbranque

I'm going with Ji-sung Park.

was almost always the best player on the pitch when i saw him in the champions league with PSV. never a peep out him despite Fergy rarely if ever playing him in his favourite central poisition, and always works his off, even if things are going against him. people are slowly beginning to come around to him, but still.... this was a guy capable of tearing champions league teams apart with PSV, doesn't really get a fair bite of the apple at United still when you consider that imo.

Yeah, big fan of Ji Sung Park, rly good player.

• Advertisement

Yakubu-He's a top notch striker and very confortable in leading the line. One of the ebst in the PL but doesn't get the credit he deserves.

He's a great player, but I don't think many people would disagree that he is one of the best striker in the Prem

No, I haven't, I seen them when they played Newcastle alright thats about it. But I tell you one thing he was absolutely useless when he was at Newcastle when did he ever play well at Newcastle? Never.
    I was praying he would get transferred, he was meant to to be all that whe Newcastle signed him, what a waste of £5m Newcastle spent on him.
    He was a liability in the team.

Try and watch him now, he's improved VASTLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Lee Catermole

After the (fair!) tackle at the weekend, Lee Clattermole. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Steed Malbranque.
    Phil Jagielka.
    Brede Hangeland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Simon Davies
    Koumas (should be a starter for wigan IMO)
    Mendy
    Osman
    Warnock

Roque Santa Cruz

Loads of people on her saying he is not worth 25 million pounds. Really underrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Kevin Nolan. Ok that tackle the other week was inexcusable but in my opinion he'd do a job for any of the top teams. Should have been in the England squad by now. He went through a patch of bad form lsat season with bolton. In my opinion he was in need of fresh start which Newcastle gave him. I wouldn't have minded seeing him at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Darren Bent

Daniel Cousin

Danny Murphy

Brad Friedel - best keeper in the Prem

Michael Owen - still absolute class when fit

Roque Santa Cruz

Loads of people on her saying he is not worth 25 million pounds. Really underrated.

That's because he isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

Phil Neville

Scott Parker

• Advertisement

That's because he isn't
    See theres the proof he's underrated.:)

See theres the proof he's underrated.:)

One might even say he's horribly overrated by his own fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

One might even say he's horribly overrated by his own fans.

Two

Jeebus, he is the same age as Berbatov whom he outscored last season. He went for 30 million. Just look at the strikers that were ahead of him in the scoring charts last season, all of them have 30 mill. plus valuations. Even the guys that were behind him were sold for vast somes of money like Robbie Keane.

He was a Superstar last season, he has had some injuries this year and has only just got back to full fitness recently and already has been MoM in two of our games, not to mention he is the only player to score in the Premier League against United for quite some time.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Jeebus, he is the same age as Berbatov whom he outscored last season. He went for 30 million.

Only in the Premiership, overall they both scored 23 goals last season and before that Berba outscored him in every single season bar 2. He had one good season. He's not a 25 million pound player

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Santa Cruz worth 25m? Paleaseeeeeeeeeee, worth maybe 14m at most IMO.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Only in the Premiership, overall they both scored 23 goals last season and before that Berba outscored him in every single season bar 2. He had one good season. He's not a 25 million pound player
    So you are trying to tell me that a player who scored more Premiership goals than Berbatov last season, and the first player to crack the United defence in ages is not valued within 5 million of said United player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

anelka is hated but theres no doubting hes pure class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

So you are trying to tell me that a player who scored more Premiership goals than Berbatov last season, and the first player to crack the United defence in ages is not valued within 5 million of said United player.

If memory serves me correct, Andy Johnson finished second top goal scorer in the 03/04 season, are you saying he was worth upwards of 20m because of that?
    If Santa Cruz can score another truckload of goals in next two seasons and prove he is a consisent top class scorer in the PL then i'd value him maybee at 25m, right now its a joke tbh to class him as a 25m striker.

• Advertisement

Smegball wrote: »
    If memory serves me correct, Andy Johnson finished second top goal scorer in the 03/04 season, are you saying he was worth upwards of 20m because of that?

Oh definitely.

Sure Marcus Stewart should've been the first £100m player.

Advertisement