Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most underated player in the Premierleague...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

How much did Mark Hughes value RSC at though? anyone know roughly how much Blackburn turned down?

I think Mark Hughes, and the Blaqckburn board are more qualified than the rest of us at judging how good the player is, other than those you've gotta go back to Bayern...

For a club Blackburn to be able to refuse that money, shows how much he is worth to the club.

For me he is underated, definetly one of the bargains of the premiership era.
    If he was not hampered by injuries this season i honestly think he would be up there in the goal scoring charts.

It's only when he joins one of the bigger clubs, and when he is given more chances, then a lot of people will look back and say they underated him.

Im just hoping by that time his little brother will be able to fill his boots at Blackburn :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

How much did Mark Hughes value RSC at though? anyone know roughly how much Blackburn turned down?

I think Mark Hughes, and the Blaqckburn board are more qualified than the rest of us at judging how good the player is, other than those you've gotta go back to Bayern...

For a club Blackburn to be able to refuse that money, shows how much he is worth to the club.

For me he is underated, definetly one of the bargains of the premiership era.
    If he was not hampered by injuries this season i honestly think he would be up there in the goal scoring charts.

It's only when he joins one of the bigger clubs, and when he is given more chances, then a lot of people will look back and say they underated him.

Im just hoping by that time his little brother will be able to fill his boots at Blackburn :D

He was with a bigger club and he wasn't good enough. He's much better suited as a big fish in a small pond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

An Citeog wrote: »
    He was with a bigger club and he wasn't good enough. He's much better suited as a big fish in a small pond.

Or...

He is much better suited to the english game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Smegball wrote: »
    If memory serves me correct, Andy Johnson finished second top goal scorer in the 03/04 season, are you saying he was worth upwards of 20m because of that?
    If Santa Cruz can score another truckload of goals in next two seasons and prove he is a consisent top class scorer in the PL then i'd value him maybee at 25m, right now its a joke tbh to class him as a 25m striker.
    His is perfectly suited to the English game, a classic Centre Forward and he will score plenty of goals. He just ended United's clean sheet record and made Ferdinand look like a fool while scoring that goal.

But again you see, here you are saying that he will be worth it if he keeps scoring the goals, so at this moment in time you are underrating him. I know already how good he is and thats 25 millions pounds worth of talent at the very minimum.

Lol @ Xavi, if he was at Man City now you would be raving about him, the fact that the man has a bit more respect for his employers than Berbatov had should make him more valuable. Imo he is a far better player than Berbatov.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

eagle eye wrote: »
    His is perfectly suited to the English game, a classic Centre Forward and he will score plenty of goals. He just ended United's clean sheet record and made Ferdinand look like a fool while scoring that goal.

But again you see, here you are saying that he will be worth it if he keeps scoring the goals, so at this moment in time you are underrating him. I know already how good he is and thats 25 millions pounds worth of talent at the very minimum.

Lol @ Xavi, if he was at Man City now you would be raving about him, the fact that the man has a bit more respect for his employers than Berbatov had should make him more valuable. Imo he is a far better player than Berbatov.

I would strongly strongly disagree with that, but maybe I'm biased :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,135 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Darren Bent

Daniel Cousin

Danny Murphy

Brad Friedel - best keeper in the Prem

Michael Owen - still absolute class when fit

agree on Murphy - never really noticed him much when he was with Liverpool, but was generally superb for Charlton and is the main man at Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Darren Bent

Daniel Cousin

Danny Murphy

Brad Friedel - best keeper in the Prem

Michael Owen - still absolute class when fit

dude you accidentally put Daniel Cousin in the list :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

11 pages and no Scott Parker? Great midfielder with a fantastic work ethic who's good on the ball, strong at breaking up play and has the eye for a killer pass. I reckon he'd be great at somewhere like Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

11 pages and no Scott Parker? Great midfielder with a fantastic work ethic who's good on the ball, strong at breaking up play and has the eye for a killer pass. I reckon he'd be great at somewhere like Arsenal.

Actually I just had a quick scan of the thread and you're the third poster to nominate Parker. I'll be the fourth -- Parker has been West Ham's best player pretty much every game this season. WHU would be in the relegation zone without him (and may be in it soon anyway with the lack of cutting edge up front).

I remember in 1 game he was in with newcastle he got his tooth knocked out and kept on playing, I had a great amount of respect for him after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

As a pool fan id say
    arbeloa

But Darren Fletcher outside us. If they had paid 5-6 mill for him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Was just going to say Scott Parker myself. Think he's absolutely class. Not sure if James Milner is getting all the credit he deserves this season either. Very solid player.

Advertisement