Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Animal Treatment?

Options
  • 19-02-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'd appreciate any help here.

My dog has some sort of a sprain or something wrong with his hind leg and has been limping on it for the past few weeks. We want to bring him to a vet but with the recession we don't really have the money to do it right now. I was wondering if there was anywhere in Dublin that would take a look at him and give advice on fixing it for free?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

There is no where where they will do it for free.

If you go to the Blue Cross you are still required to make a donation and I know its suppose to be for people on lower income but not sure how they police that - if you go to St. Francis you are still expected to pay, but it is at a greatly reduced rate.

It sounds more then a sprain if the dog has been limping on it for a few weeks and to be honest I think you should bring him to a vet and get it checked out - it could be that by leaving it untreated it will make it worse - if he is limping he is clearly in some discomfort or pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Twilightning, not being from the Dublin area I can't help but I would have thought that if you cut out some of the gigs you refer to elsewhere, the Hot Metal shirts or whatever they're called, and the new keyboard you might afford to have the poor dog looked at.:p

Have you tried resting him completely for a few days? Any reaction to pain if you manipulate the leg or press on the muscles? Check the pad for cuts or sharp objects imbedded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Twilightning, not being from the Dublin area I can't help but I would have thought that if you cut out some of the gigs you refer to elsewhere, the Hot Metal shirts or whatever they're called, and the new keyboard you might afford to have the poor dog looked at.:p

I'm 17 and don't have a source of income. All of that stuff is being bought with inheritance left by my dad which I can't collect until I'm 18. I'd bring him straight away if I had the money.
    Have you tried resting him completely for a few days? Any reaction to pain if you manipulate the leg or press on the muscles? Check the pad for cuts or sharp objects imbedded.

He doesn't have too much of a reaction of pain to his leg and we've often had to deal with him getting sharp bits in his paw in the past, so it's not that.

I forgot about the Blue Cross, we've brought him there before. I'll have to take him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Remember Blue Cross only have a basic set up in the mobile clinics - they may have to refer you elsewhere if the dog has to get a scan or xray on the leg to rule out a breakage etc.

If you require a scan drop me a PM I will be able to get it done much cheaper for you but it will still cost you some money.

Advertisement