Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield Heroes is sending out beta keys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Got mine today from when i signed up ages ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The game is DIRT....even for being free. Stay well clear...so many bad ideas, having to shoot people 5/6 in a tank when them on FOOT!!! OMFG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Key-Word is BETA Wonda-Boy,
    B
    E
    T
    A
    If you don't like something report it, that's why you were given a key, to help them improve the game before release.
    Understand?

I got mine, gonna pleh when I get home!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's another 50,000 keys to go out today it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    The game is DIRT....even for being free. Stay well clear...so many bad ideas, having to shoot people 5/6 in a tank when them on FOOT!!! OMFG
    I know its a beta but c'mon ea/dice why did you waste your time on the piece of cr@p instead of giving us something useful like maybe the myth that is the "1.50" patch or as they like to call it "upgrade".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Never go near Beta games. They can put you off a game. My brother played the 2142 beta and said it was crap but then he liked the final game when it came out. Just wait for the final release i say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,263 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

game4it70 wrote: »
    I know its a beta but c'mon ea/dice why did you waste your time on the piece of cr@p instead of giving us something useful like maybe the myth that is the "1.50" patch or as they like to call it "upgrade".

I think people have undue expectations about Heroes. It's more of an experiment in microtransactions, and to lure people into the BF series. It's not the equivalent of BF3, it's more akin to that red van with free candy scrawled on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh, Heroes is fun and games. It's not directed at the hardcore Battlefield gamers, rather at the casual gamers. I think it's fun, when I do play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Got mine 2day, Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Never go near Beta games. They can put you off a game. My brother played the 2142 beta and said it was crap but then he liked the final game when it came out. Just wait for the final release i say.

that version was the worst game ever created and i had the misfortune to buy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

got mine yesterday, its decent game not as indepth as TF2 but a bit of fun nonetheless. real cash only buys you clothing items and taunts, you earn XP for better guns.

A level lasts around 7 or 8 minutes, highest score i got was 1600xp and 6 kills. Killing someone requires a full mag with SMG each hit takes about 8hp off them and soldiers start with 110.

tanks are fun but planes are a bit of a nightmare to fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

dreamers75 wrote: »
    A level lasts around 7 or 8 minutes, highest score i got was 1600xp and 6 kills. Killing someone requires a full mag with SMG each hit takes about 8hp off them and soldiers start with 110.

tanks are fun but planes are a bit of a nightmare to fly.

Use your abilities, nade spam and flaming bullets, you can take down 2-3 guys at a time then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Use your abilities, nade spam and flaming bullets, you can take down 2-3 guys at a time then.

im only level 5 man :P

good fun tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i'm lvl 9 from the last beta release and i like iweapons do need to be sorted though but overall its champion

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got my key last week,wasnt mad about the game but im loving it now.
    Im torn between my soldier with his flaming bullets and healing and my commando with his sniping and stealth backstabbing :)
    Soldier is lvl 10 and commando lvl 8.
    Very fun game, new map coming soon too,once they sort out the SMGs and MGs it will be a great laugh.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I just linked the key to my EA.com account bt I can't get past the "Security Layer" login using the account and password I created.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Ponster wrote: »
    I just linked the key to my EA.com account bt I can't get past the "Security Layer" login using the account and password I created.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

That's a separate login that you need to create yourself. You should have instructions in the welcome mail.

Spear wrote: »
    That's a separate login that you need to create yourself. You should have instructions in the welcome mail.

Got that thanks. Figured out that it's not just me but everyone who created an account in the past 24 hours. The new login doesn't work even after a reset.

Level 6 Soldier.

ok-ish game but don't think I'd pay for it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

lvl 12 gunner, and i am loving it
    can't see people paying to buy clothes, widgets and emotes
    i hate victory village!
    it needs more maps but then i'd say they will release them when the game goes live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

really fun game.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement