Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boardeaux on TV - Soccer Forum Posters Wanted

• 19-02-2009 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

There is going to be a program featuring Boards.ie on RTE (Capital D is the name of it, anyone ever heard of it?) in the coming months, and they want to film the team playing a match.

Now, they'd prefer to do it on a Saturday, so they have time afterwards to get a few lads into a pub and have a chat to them about the team. Also, it's better for them light-wise if it's an afternoon game.

I had lunch with the Director last week, and I said I'd firstly try to organise a 11-A-Side featuring the squad vs squad (with a few more bodies) for a Saturday in the next few weeks.

We have decided on Saturday 7th March as the date, time and venue will be decided shortly, probably early next week.

It will be in Dublin, and in all probability will be someplace South side.

So, we need bodies.

I already have about 16/17/18 bodies, made up of people from the current squad and also a few ex-squad members.

Obviously enough, this isn't enough for a full 11-a-side game, so I want some volunteers.

If you volunteer, you will be playing on the "other" team, the team Boardeaux are playing against.

It will be on Astro.

A kit will be provided.

You will need Astro Boots, mouldies for grass at a stretch, and shin pads, socks and shorts.

It will be a 60 Minute game.

I hope to bump the numbers up to about 24/25/26, so realistically looking for about 6/7/8 more people.

Either PM me or say here if interested.

Please.

No timewasters, do not say you can make it if you have no intention of turning up.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Des

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I can give goalkeeper a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I can give goalkeeper a shot.

Cool, one of my two squad goalies can't make it.

You're in :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Any other saturday and I could have gotten a full team to play you des.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'll play.

Might be my best chance to get a shot at the big time. Hopefully Rafa might catch it when he's channel surfing.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

Count me in Des.

• Advertisement

Stekelly wrote: »
    I'll play.

Might be my best chance to get a shot at the big time. Hopefully Rafa might catch it when he's channel surfing.:)

Ah bollix Ste.

Profuse apologies, I though I had all ex-squad members tapped up already.

Definitely in.

Nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,103 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

would have loved to, but working saturdays till the 15th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

What about a game against the poker lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Excellent, myself and Ste can reform the paciest centre half partnership in football history

Lads, I'm bumping this again, we still need a few bodies.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055485993

The game is confirmed as taking place this saturday, March 7th in St Colmcille's School, Knocklyon.

Meeting at 11.30 AM

Can those of you who are definitely playing add yer names to the list in the thread over in the Boards Team Forum.

Lloyd, still deffo need a 'keeper, so will need you.

wardie? you still able to play?

Ste?

Anyone else who is interested, the game will be on Astro and only last an hour, so even if you aren't that fit, come on out, you could even be a sub?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

What's the best way there via Public transport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The 15 stops outside

Des wrote: »
    Lads, I'm bumping this again, we still need a few bodies.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055485993

The game is confirmed as taking place this saturday, March 7th in St Colmcille's School, Knocklyon.

Meeting at 11.30 AM

Can those of you who are definitely playing add yer names to the list in the thread over in the Boards Team Forum.

Lloyd, still deffo need a 'keeper, so will need you.

wardie? you still able to play?

Ste?

Anyone else who is interested, the game will be on Astro and only last an hour, so even if you aren't that fit, come on out, you could even be a sub?

I'm still in. was actually just about to find this to dig it up and ask if it was still on.

I could possibly get another body if we're stuck. He's technically an ex player too. (he came on short notice when we were short for a game down in templeogue:) )

Does this mean you are in?

Some of the other poker heads are coming, maybe one of them could give you a lift
    Stekelly wrote: »
    I'm still in. was actually just about to find this to dig it up and ask if it was still on.

I could possibly get another body if we're stuck. He's technically an ex player too. (he came on short notice when we were short for a game down in templeogue:) )

Nice one Ste.

Yeah, bring the extra body please.

Will I stick you down as "2" on my list?

Des wrote: »

Nice one Ste.

Yeah, bring the extra body please.

Will I stick you down as "2" on my list?

Ill text him now and ask .

EDIt. Yep stick down 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

I'll be there too Des

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Taxi...:P

Advertisement