Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new 360 man

• 19-02-2009 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

hey guys i have been and alwys will be a playstation man

however haveing said that (and probably about to be shot to pieces lol) i have always wanted an xbox 360. i loved halo, not fussed on halo 2 and been dyin to play halo 3. this dream is about to finally come true (dont spoil it for me folks) loved fable and cant wait to play fable 2 (again no spoilers please) but most importantly is the gears of war series. wow.

anyway the point im gettin at is i like both consoles equally but my loyaltys lie with sony simply for the reasons of all the extras i had to buy for the 360. u all no wot im talkin about.. the network adapter... the gold membership etc. im not slatin it cause pound for pound it nearly works out equal money for the ps3 and the 360.

i just wanted to ask were would be a good place to buy the network adapter for the 360 asi dont want to pay 60 odd quid to play online. well folks help a convert out :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

adverts.ie, can pick one up for around €40-€50. Then if you wanna play online get your xbox live subs on ebay.

Congrats on gettin the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

That's a very long winded way of asking where to buy a network adaptor.

Are you ashamed of the fact that you've abandoned sony for the xbox?

Try ebay for the adaptor, don't buy it in the shops.

Probably the wrong place to say this but the PS3 is wireless.

Don't waste your time with Halo 3 coz it sucks. Gears of war 1 and 2 are probably the most fun you can have so spend your money there instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

smooch71 wrote: »
    That's a very long winded way of asking where to buy a network adaptor.

Are you ashamed of the fact that you've abandoned sony for the xbox?

Try ebay for the adaptor, don't buy it in the shops.

Probably the wrong place to say this but the PS3 is wireless.

Don't waste your time with Halo 3 coz it sucks. Gears of war 1 and 2 are probably the most fun you can have so spend your money there instead

sush! my ps3 forum friends might be listening in haha! thought as much bout the wireless adapter. im just hopin halo 3 is better than 2 i doubt its gonna be on a par with 1 so my hopes arent too much.

my bro had GOW 1 and one of the funniest moments of my life was when i first played it and chainsawed a guy up close. at the exact same time my brother shot him with a shotgun. he exploded and i though i had discovered some kind of super saw!!! any ways this is a long winded way of sayin does anyone no where u can buy a saw ( just kiddin)

gonna play GOW 1 again but i have a lend of halo 3 first. have to admit i think i prefer the achievement points for the xbox to the trophy system. u seem to be rewarded more for the acheivements!! i take it u cant use Ap as microsoft points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Well if you've borrowed it then that's fine but I wouldn't go buying it. Just my opinion of course but I was very let down by the whole Halo thing. Like most things with Microsoft you have to pay for the points I'm afraid.

(By the way, don't let anyone else know, but I'm a ps fan too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

sweet username!

Could you not just buy a network cable instead? Do you have a router? Im asuming you do because you want wireless!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement

dazftw wrote: »
    sweet username!

Could you not just buy a network cable instead? Do you have a router? Im asuming you do because you want wireless!

which one? penis eye or qwerty?

network cable would be fine! are u talkin just an ethernet cable i should have a long one from days of yore!!! will try that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Yea, your basic CAT5 ethernet cable will do just fine. Doesn't have to be the fastest available. I'm using one of the slower ones and it works fine. That'll save you a few quid on the Wireless adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-et-49-en-70-190l.html

Much cheaper than the normal prices, but I've a feeling I saw a recent thread
    her or on Bargain alerts that somewhere in Ireland/UK was selling them on special
    recently for around the same price as Play-Asia.

Edited to add, this is the cheapest I can find in the usual UK shops:
    http://gamestation.co.uk/Xbox360/Hardware/Accessory/~r403673/Xbox-360-Wireless-Adapter/

And congrats on the migration from the PS3, seeing as how much I use mine compared to the 360
    you might want to pick up one of these for the Sony:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6816

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

I know there's also a way you could connect your 360 to a laptop, which has a wireless adaptor, with a LAN cable and access the network that way. That's if the router is too far away to plug the cable straight in.

belkin.jpg

does anyone no if the likes of this would work? if not will just go wired. prob a lot easier than connectin to the computer and connectin that way. cheers tho.

halo 3 didnt impress me at the start but will keep at it. although i only had bout 1 hr on it, 1 hr on fable and had to play resistance on the ps3 for a bit as well. there just isnt enough time in the day!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

hey if u have a laptop with wireless internet u can use ur laptop as the adapter just change a few settings and is u got a desktop beside it u can do the same thing and if u got ur router beside the xbox just insert the ethernet cable into the router and xbox .duh!:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I use a couple of these

http://cgi.ebay.ie/85Mbps-Ethernet-HomePlug-Powerline-Adapter-Twin-Pack_W0QQitemZ110348967480QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Networking_SM?hash=item110348967480&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1300|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

for the networking. The positive bit is that they'll work with any networked device (not just a 360) as you just plug in a standard ethernet cable.

You need to make sure your house is all on one circuit apparently. I've never tried them in a house that didn't work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

Traitor!!!

I demand Penis Eye is banned from the ps3 forum:D

Oh and I thought your comment on psn said you fixed your 360 not got a new one...?
    Your a lier too...:mad:

Traitor!!!

I demand Penis Eye is banned from the ps3 forum:D

Oh and I thought your comment on psn said you fixed your 360 not got a new one...?
    Your a lier too...:mad:

u lier. hes lyin honestly. i never met this guy in my life. never even spoke to him. hes not a nice person anyways he shoots old people and says they smell of cabbage. please dont tell anyone. and wotever you do dont start a new thread on the ps3 forum!!!

Advertisement