Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One for the druids (PVE)

• 19-02-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hey was tinkering around with a new spec/playing style for my druid. I was becoming quite bored with keeping stacks of lifebloom on targets and wanted to see if I could make a viable "nuke healer" for raids.

I came up with
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0EG0u0I0bZZfVcui0xbuV0s

I'm using the glyph of healing touch with this, so now my healing touch cast time is .9secs with it going down to .4 after a crit.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Xyone

I'm think with mp5 whilst in combat at 370 unbuffed, I should be able to heal a raid like this without going oom.

So what do you think? am I mad to drop wild growth and hot power?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I prefer a more normal build, using Regrowth for spam healing. With Glyph and talents Regrowth is ridiculously good.

It heals for around 6000 with a 75% crit rate in raids, 20% bonus to healing when spamming it, 1.4 second cast after crit, an extra 2-3k healing from seed after crit, 20% less mana cost in tree, plus the HoT which is Swiftmend-able.

I don't know about you, but I can't reliably spam cast something that only takes 0.4-0.9 seconds anyway, so this set-up suits me well.

You can get all this without gimping your build with talents like Naturalist and Tranquil Spirit.

My char:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=Triebel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

dropping wildgrowth has gotta be retarded..

edit: i just looked at the spec and yu dont have the global cooldown reduction either :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, it's a totally different spec type. He's focusing on spamming Healing Touch like we used to do pre-TBC and for a short time in TBC.

This build is considered one of the most ridiculously mana conservative builds around, it's pretty much the spec most PvP'ers would use and it is capable of healing alot closer to a paladin, in terms of efficiency.

Since you dont use hots you dont need Gift of the Earthmother and everybody knows Wild Growth is just a crutch anyways :p

In saying that, I kinda prefer the more traditional PvE spec since I kinda love rolling lifeblooms and other hots, not a regrowth spammer as Dr Teeth or a Healing Touch spammer like the OP.

With the changes to the 5 second rule in 3.1, you can expect to see alot more of this build.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Who said anything about being a Regrowth spammer? My point was you can have the option of spamming Regrowth to great effect, whilst still being a HoT healer. My healing is usually something like 38% rejuv, 35% wild growth, 18% lifebloom in raids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    I prefer a more normal build, using Regrowth for spam healing. With Glyph and talents Regrowth is ridiculously good.

Well, I just assumed that thats what you meant ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement