Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT 3MB; up 6 hours, down 6 hours - Bray Exchange

Options
  • 19-02-2009 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My better half has had BT 3mb at her house for the last month and hasn't had any problems until this week: It is dropping-off completely for up to 12 hour stretches, no dial tone/DSL connectivity on router or anything. She doesn't use the line for phone, just BB.

When we sought remedy to this problem we were told to "Plug a phone in, and tell us if there is a dial tone or not". Tech support masterclass. We satisfied this (during an uptime period) so they have "passed this issue to Eircom works maintenance department, so you should get an update in 5 days". Not exactly what we were lookin for. They won't give a number for this department out so as to get an update either. I was also told - when I asked if it'll take 5 days to fix things every time it goes down - "Probably, yeah.""

Aside from having to wait 5 days for this to be sorted being nowehere near good enough; What do we do??

Also, I've tested the "3mb" on speedtest.net and get approx 1250kbps down and 100kbps up, both on wired and wireless. Am I right in auuming this is way below what I should expect for 3mb? Max file download speed I can get is 150kbps, versus the 350 I could get on my old 3meg, before going to 7.6.

Any help really appreciated, cheers.

Comments

Advertisement