Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Gaol closure

Options
  • 19-02-2009 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Just wondering if people here were aware of the possibility that the gaol will not be re-opening for the summmer. I think its a disgrace. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

You serious first ive neard! I know it closes off season - more recession BS.

It might be open in the summer.
    All they are doing is "out sourcing" the running of it.
    So if and when they decide on a tender it should re-open as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

Read about this the oth. It would be very sad if it disappeared. It's a great facility-better than Kilmainham IMO. My kids love it. Anyone who has not visited should if they re open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭The Minstrel

brayblue24 wrote: »
    Read about this the oth. It would be very sad if it disappeared. It's a great facility-better than Kilmainham IMO. My kids love it. Anyone who has not visited should if they re open it.

I'm with Blue on this one - great spot. More interesting period than Kilmainham maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

It's reopening on april 1st - was headed that way over the weekend and saw a sign on the side of the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 oirishman

It opens in April...saw an ad on the motorway near wicklow

Advertisement