Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My 280SE (W116)

• 19-02-2009 7:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Guys, as promised a few pics of my W116.... In the pics it's still on UK reg, but it has been reregistered in the mean time

05052008076.jpg

PICT0520.jpg

PICT0521.jpg

PICT0522.jpg

PICT0524.jpg

PICT0526.jpg

Mercedes280SEAuto3.jpg

Mercedes280SEAuto2.jpg

Mercedes280SEAuto1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

Fantastic! Looks to be in great condition. What year is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Very nice!!!

Excuse my ignorance, but is that the equivalent to the modern day S class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

ScabbyLeg wrote: »
    Fantastic! Looks to be in great condition. What year is it?

It's a 1977... It's 121k on the clock...

Very nice!!!

Excuse my ignorance, but is that the equivilant to the modern day S class?

Yup, got it in one :-)

This model (W116) was replaced in 1980 by the W126 model, which in its turn was replaced by the W140 model in 1991... All S classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

2cv wrote: »
    Yup, got it in one :-)

This model (W116) was replaced in 1980 by the W126 model, which in its turn was replaced by the W140 model in 1991... All S classes.

Very nice. Huge fan of big Mercs myself. Very good road presence to the front of that. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Nice car 2cv, btw we met last year at the Merc run at Bunratty, i had the green W115 230.4

Blue850 wrote: »
    Nice car 2cv, btw we met last year at the Merc run at Bunratty, i had the green W115 230.4
    Oh i don't remember you, but i sure remember the car LOL
    :D:D
    Nice car mate...
    Shame about the rain that day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think I saw your car on the Mercedes Benz Owners Club website once up on a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭tc20

Thanks for posting the pics 2cv - car looks in great nick.
    Nice interior too - is that two tone MB-Tex or leather?
    Also, is it a 3sp or 4sp auto? I think the early W116s had 3sp, the later models a 4speed.

tc20 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the pics 2cv - car looks in great nick.
    Nice interior too - is that two tone MB-Tex or leather?
    Also, is it a 3sp or 4sp auto? I think the early W116s had 3sp, the later models a 4speed.

it's not MB Tex... Dunno what it is really :cool:

I think it has a 4sp auto.. It's a 1977... Maybe someone could shed some light on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Looks really lovely. Well wear.

AFAIR the 6 cylinder cars retained the 4 speed box later than the V8's, though my memory is a bit fuzzy on that !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Would never have thought it but the cream colour looks great on it.

Smashing looking beasts. I saw two in one day over Christmas and got very excited. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

MercMad wrote: »
    Looks really lovely. Well wear.

AFAIR the 6 cylinder cars retained the 4 speed box later than the V8's, though my memory is a bit fuzzy on that !
    I think all W116s had the 3 speed box, the 4 speed coming in in 1979 with the W126. We used to have a 1976 280SE in the family, that definitely had a 3 speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Anan1 wrote: »
    I think all W116s had the 3 speed box, the 4 speed coming in in 1979 with the W126. We used to have a 1976 280SE in the family, that definitely had a 3 speed.

........yeah now that i think about it you are right. The earlier 280SE 6 cyl. (W108/W111) had the 4 speed, then when they recieved the V8 engines in '69 they got the 3 speed with torque converter. The earlier Mercs used a fluid flywheel.

The V8 engines and tranny's were carried over into thew W107 and W116 and the 280 engine became a twin cam and gained the later 3 speed transmission.

I assume the W114's would have had the same transmission too, but not sure about that. Anyone know if a 280CE has a 3 speed auto ?

See I told you I was fuzzy !!

Dades wrote: »
    Would never have thought it but the cream colour looks great on it.

Smashing looking beasts. I saw two in one day over Christmas and got very excited. :)

Cheers mate. I'm very happy with it :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dasilva94

Very nice car there 2cv!

I guess you went over to England to buy it, right?
    Could I ask how much she cost?

Advertisement