Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death Note

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I only started watching this recently. Very entertaining. I'm enjoying it as much as FMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 OrigamiDragon

FruitLover:
    I'm currently reading Rosario + Vampire, without any dictionaries, I just read and re-read places that turn into gibberish when I read them until I'm able at least to break them down. Sometimes after reading a chapter I peek at the translated version to pick up some particular moment, but since I've watched the anime already I rarely do that, since I'm able to understand the basic idea. Can't believe how much just reading a couple of chapters made me able to read much faster, and I got a much firmer grip on the feel of the language itself, although I totally expected both symptoms ^_^
    Something tells me that finishing first Rosario + Vampire will bring my Japanese to a whole new level, which is of course totally awesome ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Manga Ending of Death Note? Well, quite simply.
    Light attempts to wright Near's name on his secret watch note. Matsuda shoots him in the hand. Light gets hysterical, and asks Ryuk to use his Death Note. Ryuk shrugs and starts writing. Everyone gets terrified. Ryuk turns Deathnote about to reveal Lights name. END. Epilogue.

I thought the anime ending was good.But that ending you said there is complete crap.In my opinion it completly disregards Ryuks personality.I didnt like the movie either, havent read the manga as I never have have read any manga and never will >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

dacookie wrote: »
    that ending you said there is complete crap.In my opinion it completly disregards Ryuks personality.

You're so wrong, I actually laughed out loud.
    havent read the manga as I never have have read any manga and never will >.<

And now I pity you. Like denying yourself beef, because you don't believe that it could possibly taste nicer than pork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Lilith306

I thought the anime ending was good.But that ending you said there is complete crap.In my opinion it completly disregards Ryuks personality.I didnt like the movie either, havent read the manga as I never have have read any manga and never will >.<

What happen in the anime ending only watched the L arc, I heard the anime skipped a lot after but did they change the ending also?

It's a pity you will never read it the manga it is great.

• Advertisement

Well if thats the case, I guess the manga and anime conveyed Ryuks personality differently(or left out some little bits and bobs that would make sense for that manga ending.)

Anime ending:
    Masuda shoots light because he tries to write on the secret piece of the detah note, then light starts running:

"the deal between the shingami and the first human to get their hands on the note in the human world."Also notice L at the end.
    Good ending.

I know other people who have seen the movie, manga and anime.They say the anime is best but they think the ending sucks...dunno why.I personally didnt like the movie...got bored like 30mins in, also I really didnt like the character L played for some reason.

Moments like these make any decent anime better than any sort of manga.Much more spine chilling(IMO):

Well if thats the case, I guess the manga and anime conveyed Ryuks personality differently(or left out some little bits and bobs that would make sense for that manga ending.)

Anime ending:
    Masuda shoots light because he tries to write on the secret piece of the detah note, then light starts running:

"the deal between the shingami and the first human to get their hands on the note in the human world."Also notice L at the end.
    Good ending.

That end sounds near enough the same but
    Light dies in front of everyone a broken man after Mikami gets angry and tells him he is not a god. Instead of not running away and dying alone.

That end sounds near enough the same but
    Light dies in front of everyone a broken man after Mikami gets angry and tells him he is not a god. Instead of not running away and dying alone.
    In the anime just after light gets shot Mikami stabs himself with a pen or something(its possible!)and thats when light runs away.

Again I dont like the manga ending because Mikami was obsessed with light, so why would he say that.Disregarding someones personality again...

In the anime just after light gets shot Mikami stabs himself with a pen or something(its possible!)and thats when light runs away.

Again I dont like the manga ending because Mikami was obsessed with light, so why would he say that.Disregarding someones personality again...
    It really doesn't. If you read it, you'd understand.

Remember, the manga is the original work. Tsugumi Ohba actually wrote Death Note. Anything else, like the manga, is just an imitation.

Can you just ruin it/explain it to me?Since I wont read it :D

Please!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

I got both movies but hav'nt had a chance to watch them yet.I hope it's as good as ye're making it out to be,lol.

It really doesn't. If you read it, you'd understand.

Remember, the manga is the original work. Tsugumi Ohba actually wrote Death Note. Anything else, like the manga, is just an imitation.

s/manga/anime

Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Saw this when it aired about two years back. Was a brilliant series, it kinda died down after the
    whole L dying thing
    but ended nicely. Truely left you thinking that Light really was just an unfortunate hero who lost his way and got corrupted.

Seen the Anime ending when it aired first, haven't bothered with the 2nd Movie yet, read the final manga volume to see the differences, seems a little bit different.
    I'd love to read the actual book/novel though.

Linoud you should probably put spoiler tags on some of the above post not every one has read or seen this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Finished watching Death Note last night. I kinda lose interest half way through it but then it picked up again. Wasn't impressed by ending. It just didn't seem to fit in my opinion.

Overall, i really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Linoud you should probably put spoiler tags on some of the above post not every one has read or seen this.

Yeah sorted that out, didn't think of spoiler tags since I was just using quick reply and it kinda slipped my mind. Cheers for the reminder.

I thought the ending fitted pretty well though, Gummy, what parts about it did you not like?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Death note isnt the type of anime i normally watch but i really liked it. it was just dark enough and i thought the ending was ok. I found all three japanese live action movies in HMV yesterday, the first two were 11.99 and the third, i think was 14.99.

Need to get paid before i can get them though. Hopefully they will be enjoyable to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

triseke wrote: »
    Hopefully they will be enjoyable to watch
    If you like comedy. :pac:

just finished watching the first 2. In fairness, they arent that bad! I quite liked them. Sure they werent the same as the anime but really, what film adaption is?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Finished watching Death Note last night. I kinda lose interest half way through it but then it picked up again. Wasn't impressed by ending. It just didn't seem to fit in my opinion.

Overall, i really enjoyed it.

Yeah. In my mind I like to consider that the series ends
    when L dies, with Light continuing on to dominate the world. If just because I felt the rest was quite poor and kind of a cash in on his perhaps un-expected sucess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I loved death note - but just like with Akira hollywood think they can do it better

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/warner-adapting-japanese.php

waner brothers are doing a english live action movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I'd quite like to see an American studio take on Death Note. I didn't like the Japanese live-action version at all, the acting all felt so hammy and fake, like they were trying too hard to recreate the anime on screen which just doesn't work and overall it seemed like a cheesy SciFi made for tv film, so a nice injection of liquid cash and some quality actors from Hollywood would do wonders imo.

robby^5 wrote: »
    I'd quite like to see an American studio take on Death Note. I didn't like the Japanese live-action version at all, the acting all felt so hammy and fake, like they were trying too hard to recreate the anime on screen which just doesn't work and overall it seemed like a cheesy SciFi made for tv film, so a nice injection of liquid cash and some quality actors from Hollywood would do wonders imo.

the americans are having a crack at it, and the last time i checked, that guy from High School Musical, Zac Efron, is starring as Light..

And he is NOT a quality actor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yes I'm aware of that, it was posted above which I was responding too :)

Also that Zac Efron thing was fake, he's not attached to the project at all... although I have to say he does look the part, and by all accounts he is quite a decent actor just that his performances so far have been in kids films, apparently he's quite good in 17 again.

I couldnt think of any other big named actors that would be better suited than him, they might go with an uknown actor though as there are no official details really other than the film will be only the first quarter of the series, so it's looking like Warners want to make a franchise out of this, which I approve of so they wont have to compromise much of the story.

Advertisement