Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change machines in cork?

Options
  • 19-02-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

anyone know where i can find one of those machines that sorts out coins then gives you a receipt to redeem for cash (-12.5%)
    there used to be one in supervalu in frankfield but its gone!
    the website says theres none in cork, but i heard there was one out in tower in a centra????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Just go into a bank they will change it for you. Sort it yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Just go into a bank they will change it for you. Sort it yourself though.

+1 or go into a shop. Shops get charged by the banks to get coins. I have done this with plenty of shops and they are always really grateful!

The coin machines always keep around 8% / 9% of what you put in. :mad: Typical Ireland for you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

bladebrew wrote: »
    anyone know where i can find one of those machines that sorts out coins then gives you a receipt to redeem for cash (-12.5%)
    the website says theres none in cork, but i heard there was one out in tower in a centra????

I'd go with the lads and sort it myself and bring it to the bank...

but there's one of those change machines in the centra at the top of rossa avenue in bishopstown.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

cheers but it would take half a day to sort them all out! then i always get that small bit of attitude from the bank staff!
    machines are a bit off a rip off alright but its so easy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Centra in Bishopstown and Supervalue in Knocknaheeny are two that I know of anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Dunnes blackpool is -9.01% and there's one in centra in bishoptown,the one nearest dinos!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

kingtut wrote: »
    The coin machines always keep around 8% / 9% of what you put in. :mad: Typical Ireland for you!!!

Why "Typical Ireland" ?

The machines cost money to make, run and operate.

If folk prefer to pay the machines operators a cut rather than count the money themselves then that's their fault.

Maybe it's "typical Ireland" that people are happy to throw away their money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

12% to count your money? wtf? even the former prince of Nigeria doesn't pay that much commission!

but ya go to a freaking shop they usually need change. i dunno if banks charge for coins unless you order laods of them. i got change for a shop before and didn't charge but i was getting mostly 2's, 1's, 0.50's no small coins and not all that many of them

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

There's one of those machines in Ryan's SuperValue in Grange

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

One in the supervalu in Ballincollig, next to the white horse pub

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

Theres one in Supervalu Glanmire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

if you regularly have a lot of change why not buy a counting machine? about 100 euro on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

bladebrew wrote: »

Ya the big Centra in Tower (not the one with the Petrol station) has one (or had until recently - I haven't been there in a few months).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Apologies to reassurect an old thread - did anyone come across one of these machines with an acceptable commision rate in Cork City>? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

tommy21 wrote: »
    Apologies to reassurect an old thread - did anyone come across one of these machines with an acceptable commision rate in Cork City>? Thanks

the one in tesco on paul street will give tesco vouchers to the full value i think.

Dankoozy wrote: »
    the one in tesco on paul street will give tesco vouchers to the full value i think.

Thanks for the info but I checked that 10.5%. Maybe the one in Mahon Point is what your thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

tommy21 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info but I checked that 10.5%. Maybe the one in Mahon Point is what your thinking of?

the one in mahon point is about 10% as well - I was looking at it last week.

deRanged wrote: »
    the one in mahon point is about 10% as well - I was looking at it last week.

Ah well, looks like nothings free. 5% I'd accept but not 10%. Time to go get the money bags I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Where is the one in Mahon Point? I had a look for one before but didn't look very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

just inside the door of Tesco as you come in from Mahon point itself. it's on the right by the windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

There is one in Wilton in Cork as well. Right at the end of the line of checkouts. I have no idea what the rate they charge is.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

There is one in SV Carrigaline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

the one in tesco douglas is 9.4% - used it to sort €140 in coin during the week. Could have counted it myself but i'd still be there!

Advertisement