Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Restaurant - Narin/Portnoo?

• 19-02-2009 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭

I'd like to take my better half for a nostalgic meal down to Narin/Portnoo, but apart from The Lake House Hotel, is there anywhere else in that area?
    Is the Lake House any good? I'm looking to go on Friday 13th March (unlucky?) :) Somewhere close to Narin would be great, also, as we both drink, anyone got a taxi number for there?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ladymarmalade

Hi the lakehouse is fine but very quiet and a good distance from the other 2 pubs in Narin.

I would reccomend the woodhill house in Ardara, 10 min drive away. Its an old country house with excellent food and service, they also do accomodation. its a mile out of town but taxi's are reasonable and all pubs in Ardara are lively :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Thanks for that. Google'd the Woodhill, looks ok, and rooms from €48 - €70 pps. Probably go there for grub, but still think I'll end up back in Narin!

Advertisement