Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mamas and Papas

Options
  • 19-02-2009 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Bought a dresser and cot from Mamas and Papas over the internet at
    www.mamasandpapas.co.uk and thought we were getting a good deal. We were given an option to self assembly or pay €140 for them to assemble it, figured we'd save the money and self assembly - after all how hard can it be? Units came without any assembly instructions - they eventually sent us out some via e-mail. Then as soon as we start assembling the units the bolt holds just crumble. this happened in 4 of the first 9, so had to give up, now we have a 3 week old with no dresser or cot, mamas and papas won't do the assembly cos they said we had to order it with the original order. Sending it back to them now as no other option. Does anyone know a reliable place to buy a dresser and cot and quickly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Have you contacted M&P about this problem? From what you describe the bolts appear to be faulty and need to be replaced. Kick up enough stink and they may assemble it for you. In the meantime you could make do with a travel cot or moses basket.
    If you are set on replacing the cot and dresser asap then I suggest that you go to your local baby supply store,( you know the type-small business, set up a lifetime ago and selling all the main brands). These guys generally wont require you to order in advance.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I got my cot in Smyths for 140€ and it's brilliant... sturdy and it turns into a cotbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 foxylady5160

I bought the M&P travel system and wasn't worth the money I paid for it. The carrier tot (the one you use for newborns) does not have apron so basically when I was goin out the baby only have blankets to cover and when its raining not practical at all. The apron for the pramette that I used obviously kept falling off. I rang to see if I could get something and what I recommended wasn't what I wanted.

Also when the sterling and Euro were on par, I asked could I pay in sterling on my visa rather than euro. They refused, only if the visa was registered in UK that I would pay sterling-I got family over there to do this and still managed to save €50!!! So be warned they were not helpful. I hope they will take back the childs stuff off you and go to smyths its worth it at least you can go back and get assistane. BEST OF LUCK.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭traceybere

Argos have some - they deliver - they are home assembly but do come with instructions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

We got a few M&P things for first born six years ago. I remember the wardrobe and dresser being a pain in the rear to assemble (and I'm no stranger to flat pack assembly). I had a similar problem then, with bolts and screws disintegrating if too much strain was put on them. I just went to the local hardware shop and bought some stronger ones and they seem fine. Well, they haven't fallen apart yet! :)
    The cot turned out to be quite flimsy. First born wasn't the most active of children but yet it barely lasted the time she spent in it.
    The 'travelsystem' is also quite poor. While it is still going well and has transported both first and second born, simple things like the canopy and the raincover not fitting properly and/or falling apart early on were very annoying. I know, I should have brought them back but we bought them in Limerick and it was just too awkward to bring them back at the time.
    I'd be slow to buy their stuff again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Mama

I'm going to Ikea for cot and a dresser. Cot is only 55£ ...you can order online if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

mamas & papas = over priced goods for the yummy mummy, seriously , have you ever seen their brochure? You're left wondering whether they are selling baby products or the clothes the supposed 'mother' is wearing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

kiddicare.com is where I got mine.

mammas and pappas have some nice things but a lot of them are generic and branded mammas and pappas so you could find the exact same item with a different brand name that was made in the same factory at the same time.

Advertisement