Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Plumber

Options
  • 19-02-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Am getting the following work done and have been quoted €350. Just wondering is it reasonable:

Fitting a Towel Rail
    Installing a Power Shower
    Replacing Toilet and Sink after tiling
    Fitting new taps.

Seems a bit pricey to me considering its cash in hand and I'm sure theres loads plumbers looking for work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

bohsmatt wrote: »
    Am getting the following work done and have been quoted €350. Just wondering is it reasonable:

Fitting a Towel Rail
    Installing a Power Shower
    Replacing Toilet and Sink after tiling
    Fitting new taps.

Seems a bit pricey to me considering its cash in hand and I'm sure theres loads plumbers looking for work.

I assume all the pipe work is there for the Toilet / Sink / Taps.

Does new piping need to be added for the towel rail or power shower??

If new piping is being added for the towel rail the system will need to be drained / refilled / bled, so that all takes time..... Also if new piping being added for the shower, a new run of pipe might be needed from the tank.

Still for a seasoned plumber, i'd guess at half a days work max....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

Get more prices plenty of willing plumbers out there. This guy is a chancer.

Advertisement