Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Usb Key

Options
  • 19-02-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Hey boardies, I lost my D.I.T 2gb usb drive in Kevin Street today and i was wondering if there is some kinda lost and found place box or place , and if there is were is it

there isn't alot of personal information on it , but a fair few class notes are on it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what lab did you lose it in?

a116/115/117/305/306/308 are all CS labs so if ya lost it in one of them fire off an email to the class lists for DT211 and DT228 for all years.

it sucks to lose stuff in labs, i lost a USB key once, i got it back, pity the same didn't happen with my in-ear monitors that cost about 100 euros :(.

also check the porters offices as well, make them do a little bit of work rather than sit on their arse and browse google/gumtree/liverpool fc website all day.

good luck in finding it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

cheers will do, i was on a116 for a while today , i found a usb a few weeks ago and did all the arrangements to get it back to the right person , hope if some1 finds it they'll do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

make them do a little bit of work rather than sit on their arse and browse google/gumtree/liverpool fc website all day.

Am I wrong in thinking this is a little harsh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

disssco wrote: »

Yes.

:o never even noticed that bit ,till you said it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭c-note

god i always hated the notices that always went up at the end of the year:

lost: usb stick with thesis, reward.. etc.

i'm sorry i cant help you in your dilema but i'd offer this advice to everyone

always have 2 copies of everything, (thats 1 master file and 2 copies)

RENAME your usb key as your phone number,
    so that when its plugged into a computer it will appear as
    08x-1234567,
    or include a simple txt file "please return to.txt" give honest people a chance!!

disssco wrote: »
    anytime i've walked past the porters in the main building in kevin street they are either

a) player online poker
    b) using youtube
    c) giving out to students for standing around beside the little bench there.
    c-note wrote: »
    always have 2 copies of everything, (thats 1 master file and 2 copies)
    me has five copies of everything important to me.
    1) u drive
    2) gmail
    3) pen drive
    4) my ftp server.
    5) laptop.
    RENAME your usb key as your phone number
    i can't do that unfortunately, i have a pen drive i use for work and will be only
    recognised by my work pc/laptop if the volume is named a certain way.
    include a simple txt file "please return to.txt" give honest people a chance!!
    this is possibly the best solution to help people get it back to you.

although i'm concerned about giving out my mobile number so i'll normally just stick an email address instead and then if i get an email send my number to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

Creamy Goodness mentioned it but a good idea is to send a copy of the file to your Gmail or something so that you can have an online copy. Tis also handy if you forget your USB key at home and you need to hand stuff in.

Hope you find it!

thanks for all your help . I got it back :D. Some1 found it in the class looked up my name and class number .then have it to my class mentor . Delighted . Now make sure i never lose it again . Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

My new portable harddrive uses a sync software and when it pops up there is a lost and found information button that gives you the info.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

anytime i've walked past the porters in the main building in kevin street they are either

a) player online poker
    b) using youtube
    c) giving out to students for standing around beside the little bench there.

But...but, isn't this what the porters are paid to do?
    I have NEVER seen them doing anything but the above.

However, the snackery would collapse without that John dude.
    He was also pretty helpful the few times I had a problem.

Kudos to John:)

Naikon wrote: »
    But...but, isn't this what the porters are paid to do?
    I have NEVER seen them doing anything but the above.

However, the snackery would collapse without that John dude.
    He was also pretty helpful the few times I had a problem.

Kudos to John:)
    John is truely a legend, a guy who's truely happy in his job.

John is truely a legend, a guy who's truely happy in his job.
    and always , always has change for a euro

Advertisement