Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

get pat dolan off tv

Options
  • 19-02-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

somebody should tell this boy that the job
    of a commentator is to make the game sound
    exciting and make it more enjoyable
    i reckon that any neutrals watching tonight
    would have switched off thanks to pats constant
    moaning. he was rubbish on the villa game too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Dante

Pat Dolan is a sham....he talks absolute shít in the match analysis and then takes a disliking to certain players and doesn't stfu about them the whole game. Some of the crap he comes out with on Setanta actually pisses me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

the man actually makes my blood boil. i had to mute the tele on numerous games and even switched to other stations if the game was on another one. he is a muppett and has nothing to say and says it too loudly. andy townsend is always givin him stick and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Dolan is a mess of a man, when he's won a few titles and Euro trophies he'll be in a position to comment on the Uefa Cup. Until then he's nothing more than Slimfast Slimmer of the Year.

Fat cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

And i thought the lads on CH5 were bad..glad i didn't have to listen to Dolan by the sounds of things..:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Muppet

And just looooooooved Roy Keane earlier this seaon. I'm all for objective punditry and Pat Dolan isn't it

He has his mind made up on certain players, managers & teams and will slot his comments around that, love them or hate them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

He's a clown. I was watching the Villa match last night and the trope he comes out with is unbelievable. He came out with some stupid one liner about the condition of the pitch with a "gardner" out there. The mong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Balto Yid

Dolan is a tosser, he hasn't got a clue, you wonder if he is watching the same match as everyone with the crap he comes out with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

the chap is an idiot. hes a gooner to start with, he has not got a notion about any level of the game above league of ireland, he slags/abuses players when they make mistakes that he would be capable of making in the first place. As fair as his punditry goes hes being the contravertial pundit trying to gather himself some media savvy to replace dunphy when he retires to write his biog. Despite being a populist idiot alot of the time at least Dunphy can be entertaining... Fat Pat is ridiculous and an embarrassment. Although it was amusing when he quiped to townesend (who doesnt have a clue either) that he had manged a team that had won home and away in a European cup, something Townsend hadn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Dolan is a mess of a man, when he's won a few titles and Euro trophies he'll be in a position to comment on the Uefa Cup. Until then he's nothing more than Slimfast Slimmer of the Year.

Fat cnut.

Agreed Dolan is a pri*k, but he did make 1 valid point last night, what on earth were we doing bringing that cnut Chimbonda back to the club, the same lad who fcuked his jersey on the ground and marched down the tunnel during last years cup final. Proof as to why our club is fcuked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Agreed Dolan is a pri*k, but he did make 1 valid point last night, what on earth were we doing bringing that cnut Chimbonda back to the club, the same lad who fcuked his jersey on the ground and marched down the tunnel during last years cup final. Proof as to why our club is fcuked up.

cos he's a good player and better than what we've got?

and anyhow who gives a toss what a fat gooner thinks?

• Advertisement

Although it was amusing when he quiped to townesend (who doesnt have a clue either) that he had manged a team that had won home and away in a European cup, something Townsend hadn't.

you just stole my next point,,,,,,:D

yiddo wrote: »
    cos he's a good player and better than what we've got?

Your joking surely. Chimbonda is fcuking rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Chimbonda is better defensively than most of our other full back options.

Im not saying he's not a better player than Gunter for example, but I still think he's crap. How many times did he give the ball away last night, and he put Huddlestone in trouble a couple of times with suicide passes back to him.

It sickened me when I saw we were re-signing him. He's a creep. Any other decent club would'nt have even considered bringing him back to the club. Signing him was a step backwards as far as Im concerned.

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Im not saying he's not a better player than Gunter for example, but I still think he's crap. How many times did he give the ball away last night, and he put Huddlestone in trouble a couple of times with suicide passes back to him.

It sickened me when I saw we were re-signing him. He's a creep. Any other decent club would'nt have even considered bringing him back to the club. Signing him was a step backwards as far as Im concerned.

i tnd to lean in your favour hatch.

chimps gives the ball away far too easy and is a shadow of the former player we signed and looks every bit the palyer we sold, n i was happy enough to see the back of him. i think corluka is a best full back closly followed by hutton who has not played enough but have seen a lot of him for rangers and scotland

keane=cock wrote: »
    i tnd to lean in your favour hatch.

chimps gives the ball away far too easy and is a shadow of the former player we signed and looks every bit the palyer we sold, n i was happy enough to see the back of him. i think corluka is a best full back closly followed by hutton who has not played enough but have seen a lot of him for rangers and scotland

Long term I can probably see Hutton being the right full and Corluka playing centre half with Woodgate. But we do need a top class centre half to be in the mix with them pair too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

to say that chimbonda is a better right back, his position, than corluka or hutton (remember him) is just wrong. .. nearly as wrong as buying him to play as a left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Clueless clown - embarresses himself every time he opens his fat trap.
    An absolutely spectaculor cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I might not be posting in the right area but I am taking a punt and going over for the return leg in the Uefa Cup this Thursday. Anyone any idea if it will be tough to get a ticket?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Seillejet wrote: »
    I might not be posting in the right area but I am taking a punt and going over for the return leg in the Uefa Cup this Thursday. Anyone any idea if it will be tough to get a ticket?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I would have thought you'd get a ticket no bother on the night, as I doubt it'll be a sell out. To be on the safe side, you could call the ticket office and buy your ticket , and collect it on the night !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

I thought I was the only one who had a problem with Fat Pat Dolan. I ad to put the TV on mute on Thursday, I just couldn't listen to the man anymore.

:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

His comments on our inability to defend free kicks was also spot on!
    As was that on our players lack of workrate - as hard as it annoys me to accept it.

Advertisement