Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help: Freedom of Info

• 19-02-2009 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hola :)

I'm doing a project in Learning for Life & work at school and the teach thinks it's a good idea to get statistics on Racial Attacks over 2007 & 2008, so basically I was wondering is it possible to ask for them under the 'Freedom of Information act'?

Thanking you in advanced! :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Babes, you should be able to get them off the PSNI website. Or if your project isnt focusing on NI you could try some other UK force websites.

Maybe you could see if there are any trends throughout the UK as a whole ie. Is NI higher/lower/the same that/as the UK on average or is there any part of the UK or NI with very high racist attack stats.

Il have a wee look for you now hun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭James_UK

Babes, you should be able to get them off the PSNI website. Or if your project isnt focusing on NI you could try some other UK force websites.

Maybe you could see if there are any trends throughout the UK as a whole ie. Is NI higher/lower/the same that/as the UK on average or is there any part of the UK or NI with very high racist attack stats.

Il have a wee look for you now hun.

Thank you my dear!

I had it on the old website, but the new one is taking some time to get used to :D.

Just concentrating on N.I for the moment, means I have less to do! haha.

Thanks again =] x

I posted you a link there.

I think it would be benificial to show a wider understand by including at least one other area of the UK. It shows you are thinking outside of the box that way, and that you can handle and understand statistics. I want you to do well.

Il see what else I can find

I posted you a link there.

I think it would be benificial to show a wider understand by including at least one other area of the UK. It shows you are thinking outside of the box that way, and that you can handle and understand statistics. I want you to do well.

Il see what else I can find

Aww! Okay then! I'll do a little more, maybe London or something? Thank you hunbum! :D

• Advertisement

James_UK wrote: »
    Aww! Okay then! I'll do a little more, maybe London or something? Thank you hunbum! :D

It will not be too much more work and it will be worth it.

I would maybe not pick London. Pick a regional/county force. The Met (London) will have figures that will not work well along side the PSNI figures. Try to stay away from police forces with large major cities as the stats will be completley different from the PSNIs. Try a more rural force.
    Afterall in London alone there are over 8 million people and NI has less than 2 million

Try:
    Cambridgeshire
    Cheshire
    Lancashire
    Norfolk

ETC ETC

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Get in there James my son!!! She's probably not that much older than you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Penis Eye

dont think hes that way inclined. it did make me laugh tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

PSNI most similar forces are Greater Manchester, Nottinghamshire, West Yorkshire, West Mids and Northumbria so it might be an idea to try and use one of them as your comparator.

Penis Eye wrote: »
    dont think hes that way inclined. it did make me laugh tho!

And what makes you think that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭PandaPants

James_UK wrote: »

And what makes you think that?

Ignore me, I'm an idiot....

Advertisement