Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell X1

Options
  • 19-02-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Any fans here? "The Great Defector" is so catchy - Looking forward to their new album tomorrow!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Yea, I've actually gotten to like them a bit. Apparently they're playing in HMV on Grafton Street tomorrow to promote the new album. I dunno if its true though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Hate them with a fiery passion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Alibear wrote: »
    Any fans here? "The Great Defector" is so catchy -

Sure was great when it was a Talking Heads track :D

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Yea, I've actually gotten to like them a bit. Apparently they're playing in HMV on Grafton Street tomorrow to promote the new album. I dunno if its true though!
    I've always liked them :)

Concert dates - http://www.ticketmaster.ie/search?tm_link=tm_homeA_header_search&q=bell&search.x=0&search.y=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

nipplenuts wrote: »

It's not just me then, it really does sound like they lazily rewrote "And She Was".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Saw them perform last Summer...top class. Interested to hear the new album and will head along to see them at the end of March.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is the album out tomorrow (Friday)?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

nipplenuts wrote: »

+ 1
    David Byrne would be proud

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Does Bell X1 remind anyone else of watching RTÈ Sport???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone get the album today then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Tallspoon

And tonight Matthew im gonna be Talking Heads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Yep in-store is 6pm at Grafton St today, heard some of the new songs at Vicar St and were great so lookin forward! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

That's perverted how much it sounds like it actually.... sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

An File wrote: »
    Is the album out tomorrow (Friday)?!

Yes indeed it is out today. Great album, been listening to it for a bit now but will still be picking up a copy later me thinks :)

The lads are gonna be doing an acoustic set and signing copies at HMV on Grafton St. at 6pm today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Nailz wrote: »
    Does Bell X1 remind anyone else of watching RTÈ Sport???

Cant say it does! In what regard?
    Just got the album, cant wait to give it a listen, I expect to be blown away by it, nothing less will do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got it at lunchtime (€12.95 in Xtravision).
    Looking forward to listening to it over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Mr E wrote: »
    Got it at lunchtime (€12.95 in Xtravision).
    Looking forward to listening to it over the weekend.

Just tried to pick it up in a well known Irish music chain and they told me they didn't get it in!? Will have to pick it up tomorrow in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭paddyb125

They bore me quite a bit too actually...the lyrics to the new song don't make any sense as far as I can see too!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Much as I'd like to champion one of the few proponents of Kildare-rock, I can't get into them at all. Far too arch, and "clever" for my liking, without the songs to back it up. New songs seem to suggest they want to sound like Talking Heads, but it's just not doing anything for me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I got the new CD Friday afternoon, but only got to listen to the first 5 songs so far.
    Me likes :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement