Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Iphone: Turbo Sim vs Software Unlock

• 19-02-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

hi guys, sorry in advance if this question has being asked before but ive searched this forum and still finding it hard to get info im looking for..

Basically next week im getting my hands on locked to O2 3g iphone that is not jailbroked either..im hoping to using this on vodafone and i know already this phone is version 2.2 and baseband 2.28 on it which under my understanding are the conditions required to unlock phone once jailbroken.

my questions are

1.am i better off using a turbo sim or doing the software unlock through cydia once i have jailbroken the phone in peoples opinion

2. is there anywhere in cork city than is trustworthy that provides a 3g iphone unlock service..

i would really appreciate any advice people can give on the issue..cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

If I recall correctly, turbo sims (and other hardware sim unlocking things like them) don't work anymore. I don't think you'll find any businesses in Cork unlocking iPhones, mostly because it is actually quite easy to do it yourself. Just go to iClarified.com and look at their tutorials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

columba rad will unlock it for you, contact him in the "unlocking forum"

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eoinsku

Why don't you just do it yourself using a Pwnage tool (to jailbreak it) and then 'Yellow Snow' (to unlock it).

It only takes about 15 minutes and it'll save you cash. There should be plenty of guides out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Your questions could have been answered in about half the time it took you to write the original post on here........................if only you had gone to google and searched.

yellowsn0w is the answer you are looking for. Anyone who can read can do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Columba Rad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

thanks for the feedback on all the above...just wanted to make sure that yellowsnOw route the best option and was as easy as i presumed..basically just wanted to hear peoples expierences and problems theyve had unlocking the phone thru cydia..

Gods kitchen get lost you miserbale geit, im well aware on the web there loads info or yellowsnow, jailbreakin but there also alot of people sayin they have issues getting it unlocked and its hasnt worked or have hadproblems with calls after doing so

for the 30secs it took me to write my question, the peace of mind ive gotten from expierenced posters on this site was well worth the hassle..cheer up man

thanks again to others for their helpful feedback..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

viper006 wrote: »
    thanks for the feedback on all the above...just wanted to make sure that yellowsnOw route the best option and was as easy as i presumed..basically just wanted to hear peoples expierences and problems theyve had unlocking the phone thru cydia..

Gods kitchen get lost you miserbale geit, im well aware on the web there loads info or yellowsnow, jailbreakin but there also alot of people sayin they have issues getting it unlocked and its hasnt worked or have hadproblems with calls after doing so

for the 30secs it took me to write my question, the peace of mind ive gotten from expierenced posters on this site was well worth the hassle..cheer up man

thanks again to others for their helpful feedback..

No you are just lazy, all of your questions have been answered on here before, in depth, you just could not be bothered to search and read through the results.

If you had bothered to search you would have not asked the question.

As for peace of mind, it is a phone we are talking about right? Not a sick child or loosing a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

haha you u had me laughing at that reponse godskitchen, youve spent more time complaining on my thread than i have writing on it myself

loosing a child or job,wat are u talking about ?? peace of mind on a purchase is all im on about clearly, something every buyer likes to have on wat is big enough purchase for me, certainly the most ive spent on a phone ever anyways....im simply asking for a help here and apologised in advance if i was bugging people with the simplicity of my question but im still new to navigating the vast volume of info here and im only asking for people for feedback on their unlocking exp..ive actually spent hours reading about it but just wanted to double check with the experts in this forum

honestly man, u have too much time on your hands ...now get lost and complain in someone else forum..cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭finno

Well done viper006 i hate posters like him to much time on there hands.
    if you don't like what is been asked in a thread DON'T READ IT

Advertisement