Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's Sven Vath playing these days?

• 19-02-2009 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of heading to Tripod in April (miles away, but at my age it takes more planning!!) but I don't know what sort of music he plays of late. Anyone seen him lately, or heard any of his recent sets?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I got his sound of the ninth season mix a few weeks ago. It is absolutely fantastic. A lot of my favourite tracks on there so I would say that.

Must get myself to the gig in april.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'm way behind when it comes to these guys and their mixes. The last I bought was in 2002 and it was The Sound of the 3rd Season with Richie Hawtin - spectacular mix, love this track from it...

I can only imagine the damage that would do at about 2 in the morning to a packed club... excellent stuff :pac:

I must catch up and buy that latest mix. I hate the covers now though, he really has that 'Superstar DJ' look about him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gerry99

SVEN VATH ~~) 1 the best dj's , gonna be great night , he always rocks the place , 9th season album will be the main basis of his set i imagine but its a great album so happy days :D one tune he has been hammering out which he is definetly gonna play ( hopefully ) is this tune i love at the moment >>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dEc9efCzbg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭SteveDon

he just plays whatevers popular these days by the looks of his 9th season mix, still a great dj to see live tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I went to see him last year and he was brilliant. I expect this year to be no different and I too have the 9th season which is great although less techie thatn last time I seen him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

SteveDon wrote: »
    he just plays whatevers popular these days by the looks of his 9th season mix, still a great dj to see live tho

Pretty much. He is a crowd pleaser when he Dj's. Will play some stuff thats not big yet but will be soon and maybe some classics too.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

seen him at timewarp last year, absolute ****, all the big hits from the last 2 years. got to hand it to him though, he's been around years, pretty much invented the trance genre back in the early 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

http://www.exitfest.org/

Go to the black video screen on the left hand side of the page and select "Sven Vath" for a 3 hour video of his set at Exit last July. Decent stuff.

Advertisement