Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Jackson - MUSIC ONLY!!!

Options
  • 19-02-2009 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

IMO best ever musician/singer/dancer of all time, hard to not like his music, he's made music in every genre.

This is the music forum so try and keep it as a discussion about his MUSIC only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

I really, really, can't stand him to put it politely...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Alibear wrote: »
    I really, really, can't stand him to put it politely...
    Him or his music?

Both ;)

This is the only time I'll happily listen to a Michael Jackson song ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yZYt5EzWPQ

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

his 80's stuff is almost untouchable imo
    the fall out out boy version though it's ok for me doesn't come near to the original. way ahead of it's time. For me it's the best sounding music of the 80's when he was at his best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Agree with that, although the 90s stuff and "You rock my world" in 2001 weren't too shabby either.
    Blood on the dance floor was great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Anything after his Bad album was terrible. Anything prior to and including Bad was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He was a great performer but he is a total creep. I know its not completely his fault but the man has too many demons to have children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

michael jackson is the ****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Billy Jean - for my money a candidate for the best beat/bassline ever recorded in popular music. It's up there with Superstition by Stevie Wonder; it's almost impossible for a person with a pulse not to tap a foot to it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

An amazing contributor to music in the 70s and 80s, but he should have retired in 1993 when he wrapped up with Dangerous, he had set the bar too high for himself to top by that stage, as a result his sound was stale.

The kiddy fiddling didn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Seen him live 3 times. Mindblowing the first 2 times, the 3rd time he mimed through much of the show. Its impossible for anyone who wasnt around in 1983-1985 to understand the worldwide adulation this man received. It bordered on messiah proportions. I'll never forget the world premier of the Thriller video on MT USA. The world literally stopped for the duration of the video. Children spilled out onto the streets immediatley after it finished dancing on every street corner from Dublin to Dubai. We will never see mass hysteria on that scale for a pop star again. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I never really liked hmmm, remember as a kid think naaah this is fluff. However Billy Jean has a great riff and a brilliant guitar solo. I appreciate his music for the nostalgia and comedy factors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

poundhound wrote: »
    Seen him live 3 times. Mindblowing the first 2 times, the 3rd time he mimed through much of the show. Its impossible for anyone who wasnt around in 1983-1985 to understand the worldwide adulation this man received. It bordered on messiah proportions. I'll never forget the world premier of the Thriller video on MT USA. The world literally stopped for the duration of the video. Children spilled out onto the streets immediatley after it finished dancing on every street corner from Dublin to Dubai. We will never see mass hysteria on that scale for a pop star again. Fact.

+1
    And then he turned white and lost all of that about 60 seconds after it broke the news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Don't have any of his albums so I just know the singles, but some of his songs are fantastic: "Billie Jean", "Beat It" and my favourite, (of the ones I know), "Dirty Diana".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Think he has created some amazing songs over the years, earth song is probably my favourite.

Looking forward to his new album if he ever gets around to releasing it.

Advertisement