Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oblivion vs Fallout 3? The debate...!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

yeah i know that bud what im sayin is that fps are way better than that crap on a stick

we dont go into your FPS threads saying FPS are crap do we?

The games we're discussing are not crap you simply dont like them, "bud"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Speaking off, what make you off this excellent teaser ?
    Is it wrong that it makes me a little horny??

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think my view on this was slightly coloured by my love of fallout 1 and 2 and how ultimately fallout 3 was a prettier, watered down console version.

While it had lots of neat ideas, I never felt challenged, the story rarely engaged me and the quests were neither challenging or well written. Why have a compass that shows you exactly where you need to go for the next quest? It made it completely unnessecary to think about what had to be done next. Also, the dialogue system was poor when compared with the likes of mass effect. Besides getting some more dialogue options that funnel you into the same outcome, why would you choose to go down the "thinker" character route as opposed to guns blazing? While it was possible to create all kinds of characters in fallout 1/2, fallout 3 forces you to have a combat oriented character. The big miss was the humor, this for me was where the battle would be won or lost.

Oblivion for me captured a lot of the fantasy world of LOTR and the like, even if the game mechanics and levelling system were far from perfect.

Oblivion for me, purely because of setting and that it came first. Both games were too simplistic and sacrificed real role playing for hack-and-slash to appeal to a wider market of console gamers.

I personally don't think games have to be dumbed down to appeal to console gamers, I had a hoot with mass effect, I just think that Bethesda have found a formula they like and are probably going to stick with it for some time to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Well i just bought the oblivion goty edition today, but as i'm away on holiday next week for 3 weeks, its gonna be at least a month before i can sit down with it, but hey, its something to look forward to when i get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

0isin wrote: »
    Hi sorry to bother you i was just wondering how to start a debate

haha brilliant.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement