Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI property in Bulgaria

Options
  • 19-02-2009 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

My father is in the process of buying a property in Bansko and it was due to be finished by now. He was to receive deeds in feb but has had no contact and has been unable to contact them. Anybody in similar situation? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

has he got a solicitor over there? has he been in touch with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ntlbell wrote: »
    has he got a solicitor over there? has he been in touch with him?

I'm not sure where the solicitor is based but he can't reach him either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 OverseasCafe

Your dad's going to have to go straight to the developer, MRI shut all its offices at the end of last year. The only ones remaning are now being run by DCC International Property, but they will offer no backup for MRI purchases.

His contract should be with the developer in any case so it is probably not a bad idea to contact the developer's office to see where exactly he stands at this point in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Sorry for your trouble Sweetie. It sounds like you've been left in the lurch by MRI. A company with a dubious reputation to say the least. Regarding the purchase itself, I've heard the rental market in Bansko is saturated with properties, so it may be difficult to let accommodation there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Thanks. Well it seems he got a call from the solicitor and things are ok at the moment. Looking forward to trying the slopes there next year hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Saskia

MRI are the ones run by the arrogant boy who owns a football club too? If they are then you were badly stung. Their reputation is shocking.

Advertisement