Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the person who dumped her

Options
  • 19-02-2009 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

I hope when you are old and past your "breeding age" the people around you, those whom you love, will dump you when you are at your most vulnerable. SHAME ON YOU!!!

parrot.jpg
    parrot1.jpg
    parrot2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Poor guy, keep up your good work EGAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Sickens me to the core. FAir play to ya mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

God bless and reward you for all that you are and all that you do. The dog is safe with you now....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 catzrus

This girl has such sadness in her eyes, but thanks you to the future is looking much brighter for her:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

Looks like she'd make a stunning companion for some lucky person.
    Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

Great work saving her, I duno how ppl do that to animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

If the people who dumped her have kids and they've seen how their parents treated that poor dog I'd say there's every chance they'll end up in similar circumstance in their old age. I firmly believe that owning animals has taught my kids all the valuable lessons they'll need for life - compassion, love, responsibility, empathy, hard work, committment and joie de vivre!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Why Why Why!!! it makes me sick to hear there are people out there that would do such a horrible thing to any animal.

Keep up the good work EGAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I really dont undertsand people like this really sickens me to my stomach :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

That is one gorgeous dog. Fair play to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

poor thing , nice to see some people still have a heart(i mean you , not the bastards that left the dog for dead)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭hotredhead

That poor dog looks so sad.Why are some people so cruel.Fair play to you Egar.Please post how she fares out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

Those are the saddest eyes I've ever seen :( It's so upsetting.

Well done on your work Egar, you're amazing! What will become of her?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Good work Egar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wexford Girl

Poor dog. Fair play to you egar keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

I can't understand how someone could have a dog for so long
    and then suddenly turn around and dump her and not even care what happens to her??!!
    so what if shes old shes still the same loving, loyal dog who's been there for
    you throughout those years.
    how scared must the poor dote be?wondering where her owner is and whats happening to her. it just breaks me that people can be so bloody cold and heartless.:mad::mad:

Fair play to you Egar, please let us know how she gets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭jaffa20

People have to understand that pets do stray and the owner could have been and could still be searching for this dog thinking it is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yes, Jaffa, animals do stray but they don't tend to wind up with old and new pressure sores some of which have already ulcerated, mange, severly malnourished and with untreated mammary gland tumours, nor do they tie themselves onto gates. I do not post lightly.

She has been seen by my vet this morning, got her first mange treatment and once she is a bit fitter will undergo an OP to remove the two tumours.

Her name is Leonie. I think she likes that name :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Well done Egar, it's nice to see a dog get a second chance at happiness. They are so trusting and forgiving, if a human had been treated like that, they would take the hand off the next person that went near them. Please keep us updated with her progress. Leonie is a lovely name, it suits her!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

Wow Egar that name really suits her Leonie ,She is like a lioness.She looks so sad please keep us updated on her progress .I hope the person who did that to her knows what goes around comes around they will have nothing but bad luck .

• Advertisement

EGAR wrote: »
    Yes, Jaffa, animals do stray but they don't tend to wind up with old and new pressure sores some of which have already ulcerated, mange, severly malnourished and with untreated mammary gland tumours, nor do they tie themselves onto gates. I do not post lightly.

She has been seen by my vet this morning, got her first mange treatment and once she is a bit fitter will undergo an OP to remove the two tumours.

Her name is Leonie. I think she likes that name :D.

You're a legend tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Not just dogs. They do it to sheep too.

A few years ago, we had an old ewe dumped at our gate with her legs tied together.

We knew that flock well, and she had had twin lambs the year before.

Gentle, friendly old girl. Knew she was safe with us.

We were sure she was in lamb; but she had a slight prolapse so maybe the farmer thought she would not be able to deliver a lamb.

Sure enough, she had a lovely wee ewe lamb with us; we could not keep them so she went to a "petting farm" where they are good folk.

Nothing we can do about what other folk do; is what we do that matters as Egar knows.

Leonie has been wormed, had her first vacc and has been treated for mange :). She is such a lovely girl and can already be walked off leash. Her pressure sores are healing nicely as well. She ignores my horses and has such a lovely even temperament! She is also clean in the house!! Loves to ride in the van. Vet was impressed with how placid she is!

p925719.jpg
    p925720.jpg
    p925721.jpg

She'll soon be ready for her OP and after that she will be looking for a couch of her own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Wexford Girl

Aww she looks so well compared to before. Well done egar

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

what a beautiful dog

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭jigsaw07

fair play to who ever rescued her, she will make a great companion to who ever gets her, what breed is she? pitbull, bordeux mastiff? as to the people who dumped her well done ye must be so proud of yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭alcon1984

wow she is lovely, she can have my couch anytime :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fair play to you, it really is heartwarming to see that there are people like you out there.

Unfortunately there are also people out there who do this kind of **** to poor defenceless animals. Scum of the earth imo... A waste of oxygen!:mad:

Best of luck rehoming her, she's a beautiful creature and deserves to go to a loving home

My educated guess is DDB x Boxer. She does walk like a Boxer and it would also explain why some idiot tried to dock her (her tail is only half the length it should be). She is only knee-height. She was tied to the gates of a pound and since she was due to be pts'd I took her out of the Pound. Dogs like her are always being overlooked by the public and most other rescues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

She was probably abandoned because she's so sweet. A friend of mine rescued a staffie who was badly beaten by some lower life forms who wanted him to be nasty and aggressive!!! Max was such a softie it just wasn't in him to be a fighting dog so he lived out his life as a pampered pooch who had so much love in him. Egar you've a bed in heaven!

Advertisement