If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's something a little different - LivingColours

Options
  • 20-02-2009 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Something to brighten your day.....
    It's not often I get excited about this sort of thing, but this is REALLY very cool (and sexy, retro, stylish, funky etc etc)

It's not a new Full HD TV
    It's not the latest Blu-Ray player
    It's not even a new A/V Amp

It's a LED Ambience LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

Now dont go away just yet thinking B-o-r-i-n-g! it's just a light - think of it as Ambilight for pretty much anyroom in your house and you'll get the idea.
    They are perfect when watching films in a darkened room (as we all should be doing anyway), they're a great help for setting the mood at parties or when you want a warm glow when reading or relaxing to music after a hard days slog at work...
    A little lighting suggestion if used in the bedroom -- set to RED:p

They come in two basic types: Original and Mini

The Original is about the size of a football and is available with either a clear or smoked black transparent main body.
    It looks like something you'd expect to see in the "Jetsons" living room, for those who can remember that cartoon or maybe a mad scientists lab...

A nice touch with this one is the contols are on a RF remote control (which can link several LivingColours together to operate as one) so the light can be tucked out of sight should you choose. It will also let you adjust the brightness and colour saturation of the colour of light you choose to cast

The Mini is a good bit smaller - yep, the name gives that away eh? and is available with body colours of White, Silver and Black. This one is not remote controlled, you select the colour you wish to project from a touch sensitive dial on the light itself. It's not a bright as the Original (but still very effective - mine is perched on top of the hifi in a corner of the room and is always in use - I know when I'm onto a winner when my wife uses it constantly PLUS didn't moan when I brought yet another thing with a plug on it home from work....)

Both can be set to loop through their entire colour palette constantly if you wish. If you click on this link below you'll get more of and idea
    www.lighting.philips.com/microsite/living_colours

We have the full range in stock and plenty are dotted around the shop so for a free light show call on it and have a play with them

atb
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hi Ash,

Out of curiosity how much are these going for, I got the big one before xmas in the UK and its a nice feature.

Thanks
    B~

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Bazual

I missed stating that important piece of info.
    The mini sells for €99.99
    the Original sells for €129.99

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I got one of these in the Netherlands a couple of years ago... great yokes. I was given another one (the mini) for Christmas since I like them so much :)

Yeah they are kinda neat!
    Certainly not a gimmic, domestic lighting is usually isn't classed as fun but these can certainly affect the tone or vibe of a room.

May be a bit nerdy but was watching Matrix the other night and that film is tinted with a green colour cast thought I'd set the LivingColour to a shade of green and hey worked quite well

Naturally with with the Ireland V England match the Saturday they should all be set to GREEN :D

See, they can even be patriotic!
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, I've seen this in Homebase.

They look cool alright... don't know if I could fork out the money for them though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Ash, sort out a decent Boardsie's discount there for the craic... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

we have the big one...got it to go with the tv....now our room is super ambient AND FUN!!! thinking of getting a second one so that all four corners of the room are lit up with pretty colours!!

I would happily recommend these...was so worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Bazual

I missed stating that important piece of info.
    The mini sells for €99.99
    the Original sells for €129.99

Cheers
    Ash

Was going to buy one of these a while back and slipped my mind, lots of white walls in my house so should work nicely. The "Original" remote controlled one is available on Amazon for €89 - if the sods wold deliver to Ireland of course!

If you match the Amazon price Ash I can collect from the Philips Store in Dublin??

Regards
    Q

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Would probably be interested in 1 of these maybe 2 but they're a bit on the pricey side. Any chance of a discount, for 150 a pair they would fly out the door I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd be interested too, but definitely at a price point of 100 Euros including delivery or thereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Ok Ok!!! we are looking at trying to get a deal on the Living Colour to go at €100

I should have some news over the next day or two and we will keep you posted - Thanks for all your interest (Of course you could just spend another €600 and get a 32" TV thrown in (Philips 32" Ambilight 7 series!!) :P

Keep you all posted,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'll take another one too at that price. Was already on to dealhunter.ie about it. He's charging 20 delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

johnmc wrote: »
    Ok Ok!!! we are looking at trying to get a deal on the Living Colour to go at €100

You'll have to mark me down for a smoked black one so... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭coley

Are these still available at a reduced price?
    I can pick up in-store in dub

-Coley.

Hi Folks.

Took a little time to sort out but I can offer up 20 of the Original style LivingColours for €100 (instead of our normal selling price of €129.99) excluding postage.

This is available in either smoked black (semi transparant) or clear body styles

They should be available to pick them up from the shop towards the end of the week or I can post them out to you for an additional €7.99.

These are limited to 1 per person i'm afraid...

To keep things fair the first 20 people who post on this tread tomorrow - that'll be Tuesday 10th! - in the open (no pm's please) AFTER midday will have one reserved for them.

To make things simple (for me!!!) please state which body stlye you'd like when you post.

I'll contact each of the lucky 20 Boardies directly via pm tomorrow.

So see you tomorrow...
    Ash

Hi Ash,
    Keep one smoked black one for me please :)

thx,
    -Coley.

just saw the after midday bit on your post - does this count now? or will I post again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

are some of these still available ? ?

are some of these still available ? ?
    AshMiller wrote: »
    To keep things fair the first 20 people who post on this tread tomorrow - that'll be Tuesday 10th! - in the open (no pm's please) AFTER midday will have one reserved for them.

They're all still available, they're not being reserved until after 12 today.

ok thanks

Hi all

I'll be reserving these for all who wants one after mid-day today.
    Just post up then.

In the meantime just figure out where your going to put it when you get one:)

This deal is a Boardies exclusive - I wont be selling them instore to the general public at this price - we like you folks see!!

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ash,
    I'll take a smoked black one please,
    Thanks,
    Moo.

ill take one delivered,clear version please

thanks ash

Sorry a bit early, a black one for me please.

Hi Ash, Keep a smoked black one for me please - its after midday now :)

-Coley.

Hi Ash,

Put me down for a smoked black one please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Would it not be cheaper to buy a blacklight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'll take a smoked black one, will need postage :)

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Would it not be cheaper to buy a blacklight?

Whats that got to do with anything?
    Strange post!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

Thats 5 down so far

1 moolers2000 Black
    2 moralproduction Clear +postage
    3 coley Black
    4 ned78 Black
    5 zAbbo Black +postage

I'll pm you all once I have them in but these all on the list so far will have one reserved.

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.