If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's something a little different - LivingColours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

That's great! Forgot to ask for the black version. Can I pickup it tomorrow lunch or later in the evening? Wat time the shop closes?

Thought it's not really a necessity in this recession but to think of it again - good money to spend to encourage economic activities. Lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Mart_MAx

If you ask for Nicola when you call into the shop today (we close a 6pm) I'll make sure one in Black is reserved for you.

I agree - a great way to beat the recession is by spending money in the Philips Shop:D

have a good one

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Got it today. Good stuff Ash. Me hvg colourful dream tonite! :p thanks again!

Hi Mart_max

Not sure what to say about that!!

These are still available should anyone be interested, both Clear and Black versions

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thms.kelly

got mine at the weekend it is a cool gadget, it gives the room a good atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Plek Trum

I've reserved a black one for you.

Just pm me your phone number and I'll contact you today

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Ash,
    I was contacted on 27/03/09 and gave details, was told it would be [posted same day.. hasnt arrived as yet (!) I'll PM you and JohnMc with my details and maybe you would be able to check same? Cheers!

Hi Plek_Trum

I was wondering if this has arrived at your doors following our chat this morning?

Hopefully is waiting there for you!

atb

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I've been happily playing with it ever since.. thank you very much! Appreciated the phonecall and follow up too, pleasure to deal with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

All you happy folks now living in colour........a few pics might be nice to tempt others to purchase. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've mine stuck behind the TV I got from Richersounds about a month ago. I use it as a pseudo ambilight, for example when I watched the Matrix Reloaded a while back, I had it set to green, when I'm watching Sci-Fi, it's normally blue, but it's great fun regardless!

• Advertisement

Hi Ned

I pretty much do the same with mine as well. Watched "28 days later" the other night with the light set to deep red, nice and gory!
    Submarine movies benefit from blue...

Ah the fun to be had with them

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jmadoyle

hi ash, are these still available, would be interested in a black one, would be able to collect from your store,

regards
    joe

Hi Joe

No worries at all, I do have a few left.

I'll reserve a black one right away.

Just mention your boards name when you call in - we are open to 6pm tonight but are closed Sunday.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Just to mention, I bought the Philips AmBx premium Speaker/Lights kit recently and although not the Living Colours set as such, they look absolutely brilliant when playing games :)
    Seeing as how I spend more time at the computer than at the TV, it made more sense to get the PC set instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭doggiedee

Hi Ash,
    Just wondering if you have any of the Oringinal smoked ones left? Could pop in tomorrow for payment/collection if you have!
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Hi Doggiedee

Sure do.

I'll set one aside for you under you Boards name.

See you tomorrow, anytime between 10-6pm.

atb

Ash

Happy days! Shall see you then!
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Happy days, picked my Living colors lamp up today, and it's defo the business! I'll stick up a pic or two later when it's dark enough to get the full effect.
    Many thanks Ash! (That was you I was talking to today?)
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Alright then, took a couple of pics, but they're kind of crap!
    DSC03267.jpg
    DSC03265.jpg
    Anyways, you get the idea. I do think I might need another, so I'll be back to you soon Ash...
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Hi Dave

Thats pretty slick use of the LivingColour!

Yep I reckon another one would balance your set up nicely...

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

I have not posted photos as I think that they would not do the lamp justice. I find that the ambient light that gets reflected all around the room is what makes it and this couldn't be captured in a photo. Two lamps would be cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Interested in one of the smoked black if they are still available?

Hi Mbroaders

I have them in stock and ready to roll.

I'll reserve one up for you now

Just mention your Boards name when you call in to collect it

Thanks
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Hi Ash, is there a way to get these things to work with Harmony remotes? If so, I might be interested...

Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Hi Ash, is there a way to get these things to work with Harmony remotes? If so, I might be interested...

Pete

There isn't unfortunately. I've a Harmony 885, and as far as I know, the Living Colour transmits over a proprietary frequency (Could even be bluetooth - as the unit and remote need to be very close to one another to pair). There's discussion on the Harmony Forum about this, but unfortunately, you need the original LC remote to work. Which is no bad thing, as the LC remote has a cool iPod style wheel for choosing colour that you'd never be able to recreate on the Harmony.

Hi Petetheroadie

Ned78's correct.
    You cant control these from a Universal remote I'm afraid - even a radio freq enabled touch screen Pronto remote wont do the job.

Just have to stick with the (sexy) little remote it comes with

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Darcy Dougal

Hi Ash
    Have to say I'm loving my living colour...an impulse buy when picking up my SLA5520. Have it set up in a corner behind the TV & the effect when watching TV at night is brilliant, would recommend to everyone!
    Kinda regretting not buying an ambilight TV when upgrading last year

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Hi Ash
    Have to say I'm loving my living colour...an impulse buy when picking up my SLA5520. Have it set up in a corner behind the TV & the effect when watching TV at night is brilliant, would recommend to everyone!
    Kinda regretting not buying an ambilight TV when upgrading last year

AH guys stop saying how good these are! :mad:
    I really want one but am broke!

Hi Darcy Dougal

Yep there pretty cool all right.
    Just one thing, your TV is a YEAR old! Gez that needs upgrading to a sparkling new Ambilight TV:)

The-ging - Payday is just around the corner....

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Hi Ash,

Just wondering what price the range is at now ? I might be after a mini.

Thanks,
    Eddie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.