If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's something a little different - LivingColours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

AshMiller wrote: »
    Hi Shnaek

No worries.

I have reserved one in the office for you.
    Just give your Boardies name when you call to collect it

Thanks for the order and see you Friday

atb
    Ash

Set up in the house now and looking good! Thanks Ash and Iain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Just a small note to thank Thomas for his time today and the livingcolours too.

Cheers
    Howard

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭bog master

Ash/John

Sorry, original post somehow did not go through. Thanks for the quick dispatch of Living Colours and DVD. Well pleased!

John: Before I hassle Dave, any idea when the new Monitor Audio RX series is out? Have a pair of RS6's from your good selves and might be looking to upgrade or you may even tempt me with a discounted pair of the that "old, out of date, antiquated" RS6 Series ?

And if any readers want my opinions on the RS6's, ask away. The most amazing speaker I have heard for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Hi Bog, what amp are you using with the RS6's?
    I'd love a pair but don't think I have the room.

Hi Bog, what amp are you using with the RS6's?
    I'd love a pair but don't think I have the room.

I have a full AV 5.1 setup. Originally all powered by a Sony STRDA 1200
    AV receiver. But I can be a bit of a rock n roll animal and sometimes listen at concert type sound levels. The Sony seemed to be running out of headroom, so I bought an AudioLab 8000P power amp. Now the Sony powers the centre and surrounds and the Audiolab the RS6's. Sound is much tighter especially bass, cleaner highs and even the soundstage has improved.

Check the specs, they are not as big or imposing as you may think, and with the finishes they offer and build quality, they are like a piece of fine furniture.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

bog master wrote: »
    Ash/John

Sorry, original post somehow did not go through. Thanks for the quick dispatch of Living Colours and DVD. Well pleased!

John: Before I hassle Dave, any idea when the new Monitor Audio RX series is out? Have a pair of RS6's from your good selves and might be looking to upgrade or you may even tempt me with a discounted pair of the that "old, out of date, antiquated" RS6 Series ?

And if any readers want my opinions on the RS6's, ask away. The most amazing speaker I have heard for the price.

Bog & Mollers,

Yep the RSX range is out towards the end of September and to be fair the current RS range is still pretty amazing - we have just tried them with the new Onkyo A-5VL stereo amp and they sound just A M A Z I N G together!

I'll keep you posted on the exact launch date & Boardies pricing - but we are hoping to do the Irish launch in The Philips Shop late September or early October with Alex Brady, Monitor Audio Sales & Marketing Director.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Nice, I bet the Audiolab makes em sing!!!
    I'd love a demo to see/hear them myself but nowhere local would even dream of stocking them.

What finish are yours?

Nice, I bet the Audiolab makes em sing!!!
    I'd love a demo to see/hear them myself but nowhere local would even dream of stocking them.

What finish are yours?

Talk to John here, am sure he may be able to do something for you! But has been pointed about before, they do take a good bit of running in and placement can be vital, bass can become to boomy at times.

Have mine in black!

bog master wrote: »
    Talk to John here, am sure he may be able to do something for you! But has been pointed about before, they do take a good bit of running in and placement can be vital, bass can become to boomy at times.

Have mine in black!

That's the thing...space. Don't think I could give them the "room to breath" as they say...but with bungs and a bit of compromise who knows!

What about this fabled "brightness". What's your take on that?
    Cheers.

Hi,
    I'm now on my forth set of batteries since March. Anyone else having a problem with battery life of the remote.
    Thanks,
    Moo

• Advertisement

And now the fifth set of batteries. :D new record, last set only lasted a couple of weeks.:confused:

And now the fifth set of batteries. :D new record, last set only lasted a couple of weeks.:confused:

Moll,

It's the Ghosties doing it at night,

Why don't you post that one back to us and we will send you a replacement??

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Moll,

It's the Ghosties doing it at night,

Why don't you post that one back to us and we will send you a replacement??

ATB,

John Mc

Hi John,
    Ahh ghosts...at least I know now!!!:D

Send the remote or the lamp?:o

Thanks
    Moo.

PS I sent you an email on Friday, did you get a chance to look at it?

Hi John,
    Ahh ghosts...at least I know now!!!:D

Send the remote or the lamp?:o

Thanks
    Moo.

PS I sent you an email on Friday, did you get a chance to look at it?

Just the remote (I presume the Ghosts are in the battery compartment so we won't charge extra for sorting that out for you!)

Fridays' emails Pah!

I'm working backwards from this mornings at the moment and I've just got to Sunday evening - I'll pull rank for you now and have a look at yours!
    Keep me posted,

ATB

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

I must be lucky, have this since end of March. Haven't had any problems with the batteries. The same batteries the come with it, still alive and have been using the light on daily basis every night.

mart_max wrote: »
    I must be lucky, have this since end of March. Haven't had any problems with the batteries. The same batteries the come with it, still alive and have been using the light on daily basis every night.

'eh - should that not be ' on a nightly basis, every day'??

;)

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Whats the latest on these cost wise? Missed the sisters birthday the other day and was looking for ideas for a present, remembered these but they're a bit pricey :p I had been looking at them before for myself also.

So just curious as to the availability and price of them. (Just thinking about it :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hey Chris,

These are brilliant and speaking from a girls point of view a very cool present. :D

I have the large clear ones in stock and they are €129.99 less 10% for your boards discount.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Can you post one of the large living colour lamps and how much including postage, the clear one.

Thanks.

Hi Dingding

I have a few remaining of the clear LivingColours.
    The Boardies Special Price on these is €99.99, down from €129.99.
    Postage on these works out at €7.99

Grab'em whilst I have 'em:)

cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

Just a little note these are going to become very rare over the Christmas period, so if you need one as a pressie best act soon!

Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks Ash,

Are these the first or second generation Living Colours

Cheers

These are the first gereration LivingColours.
    The 2nd generation are due around March 2010.
    I don't have a confirmed date or price as yet.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

What price do you have these at at the moment? The lower and higher end one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Ash / John, can I get put an order in for one of the large clear one's also. Thanks..

Hi Folks

A little update on LIVINGCOLOURS.

It's looking unlikely I'll see anymore stock of the LARGE LivingColours this side of Christmas - the new version is due early next year (no pricing as yet)

HOWEVER I will have the cute little MINI LIVINGCOLOURS on offer for €79.99, thats a saving of €20 for you folks off our regular €99.99 price !!
    These are availalbe in Black, Silver and White bodies.

These aren't remote controlable, you select the colours from the touch dial on the unit itself.

I have a few of these on display and my stock should be in this week.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

If anyone searchin for the large Philips Living Colour, Pix are selling the 2nd generation model for €109 + delivery. Its alot cheaper on there uk site but no shipping to Ire :(

€109
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3298311/art/philips/lcs5001-12-living-colors.html#

€89
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/3298311/art/philips/lcs5001-12-living-colors.html?srcid=867#

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Don't suppose you have any of the large ones left??

Hi Agrif06

I have display models only of the large LivingColours remaining.

However I expect to see the Mini LivingColours next week, these I'll have on offer for €79.99 down from €99.99.

Make great stocking stuffers!!

Cheers
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Great, thanks. I'll try to get in during the week.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.