Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Scholarship

Options
  • 20-02-2009 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi i'm hoping to go to ucd next year and i'm also hoping to apply for a sports scholarship in either camogie or ladies football. would anyone out there be fit to give me advice on how to go about it. maybe someone who has already got a sports scholarship. i have lots of newspaper cuttings and pics and stuff. do u hav to choose between camogie or football and can i still put in achievements from both sports. how high of a standard do you hav to b playin at and is it very competitive? if u can answer any of my questions it would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

Hi, if you look at the UCD website, there is a section on sports scholarships with an application form too I think.
    The standard for most sports is playing at a youth international level but for GAA I guess it would be under age Inter-county represantation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 LCstudent123

thank you. i play minor football and camogie. i hav played a bit of international stuff for camogie. it wasn't at a very high standard. what u think i should apply for...football r camogie. football would b of higher standard than camogie. thanks for you help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

If you're going to fill out an application form I'd start with typing proper English and not txtspkplz..

al keep dat n mind tnx :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Brimmy wrote: »
    If you're going to fill out an application form I'd start with typing proper English and not txtspkplz..
    al keep dat n mind tnx :D:D:D

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

i hav played a bit of international stuff for camogie.

International? Camogie?

More than just Ireland play Camogie? :eek:

Also A guy in my secondary school got a Scholorship , He has Ireland caps (For Soccer)

TDOie wrote: »
    International? Camogie?

More than just Ireland play Camogie? :eek:

Also A guy in my secondary school got a Scholorship , He has Ireland caps (For Soccer)
    we were playing scotland...it was like a variation of camogie. its called shinty. its practically like camogie only you cant put the ball into your hand or kick it. its all ground camogie and a little picking the ball up and shooting without touching it with your hand.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bstoran

anyone no anything about a rugby one no?
    for a boy lik.....?
    interpro?

bstoran wrote: »
    anyone no anything about a rugby one no?
    for a boy lik.....?
    interpro?

Well the sport that gets the most Scholorships is rugby , I play for UCD U20's and I think the lads who got scholorships 7 of them are International players and then some Leinster , Munster , etc.

ya cos trinity r handing out rugby scholarships to anyone!
    thats what i was wondering cos i no ucd give out the most but is that cos the standard is so good lik?..
    im from munster wood that be better r worse for my chances?

• Advertisement

ya cos trinity r handing out rugby scholarships to anyone!
    thats what i was wondering cos i no ucd give out the most but is that cos the standard is so good lik?..
    im from munster wood that be better r worse for my chances?

I dont really know what the requirments are but where your from doesnt effect a scholorship place , If you play for Munster then you'd deffinetly get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

For sports, you are expected to be of national or international standard I believe.

Basically if you have been selected for some representative panel you've got a good shout.
    I know of people who've played underage provincial rugby and Irish schools soccer(not that high a standard) and gotten it.

Best of luck!

betafrog wrote: »
    Posts like these make me wanna cry :-( What happened to teaching english in school?
    ya thats because you are a loser, why are you posting here seriously?
    go on what did you get in english in the leaving so?

by the way cheers dyl10

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

ya thats because you are a loser, why are you posting here seriously?
    go on what did you get in english in the leaving so?

by the way cheers dyl10

What's the problem with wanting to see posters use good spelling and grammar so that their posts are legible? There's a sitewide ban on txtspk anyway.

last time i checked this was about sport, there was about 3words abbreviated so drop it and get back to the topic

last time i checked this was about sport, there was about 3words abbreviated so drop it and get back to the topic
    thanks bstoran i agree...can we please get back to my topic on getting a sports scholarship and i promise i'll write good english

ha, i no ya..i went on the website and looked up the previous recipients, found the application form aswell theres a special one for rugby i don't know about yours did you check?

Advertisement