Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I haven't brought me cat to the vet in about 7 years. What jabs to get?

Options
  • 20-02-2009 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

I was thinking that I really should bring my cat to the vet for a checkup and a few jabs, but don't know if I even need to do that or what? She got a few jabs when she was a kitten, but she's 7 now and maybe could do with a bit of a service! She's very healthy and has a very comfortable life, she practically owns my house. Any recommendations about jabs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Flu, enteritis, FeLV (if outdoors)...I think I'm missing something. Tbh you need to talk to your vet about this. They're the most qualified person to advise you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The cat should be brought to the vet once a year at least for a check up, vaccination wise people have diff. opinions on how long a vaccination lasts but if the cats an outdoor cat I would deffo. have the whole lot done incl. against feline leukemia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

My cat is as indoor as a cat can get. I live in my cats house, that's the way I see it! The only place in the house she doesn't venture to is the attic, and that's because she can't reach it. She goes outside for a pee and 2mins later she's scratching at the door to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Seven or eight is a good age to bring her in for an MOT because she's approaching what's termed 'elderly' for a cat although alot of cats are only entering second kittenhood at that stage. It's a good idea to have the vet give her the once over and make sure everything is Ok including teeth & kidneys.

Advertisement