Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some questions about my Airsoft Equipment..

Options
  • 20-02-2009 3:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for all help; i have a few airsoft guns and i am just looking for some help with general questions that im sure you guys will think are stupid questions, but better safe than sorry you know. I will list the gun name and then the questions under the name. All help appreciated

Classic Army M15A4 Tactical Carbine

- Should i keep it?
    Ok so i really like this gun, it feels fantastic and has reasonably good range and accuracy. The real question is should i spend money on the batteries and stuff or should i swap it for a Full Metal Dboys or something similar? I have been told its a great gun (but a sales person is bound to say that). Your experiances appreciated.

- The battery...
    Ok so i get the gun, i charge up the batteries (takes ages with the normal charger) and put it into the gun. I was very happy.. Good R.O.F etc. But in my first game it only lasted about 1-2hrs on semi-auto and i wasn't even shooting most of the time. I can only presume this is down to the fact that there batteries that come with the gun (usually crap). So can anybody explain, or recommend a better battery for this gun please?

- Maintenance
    Ok, so you think i should keep it? Great then please explain what exactly i should clean. I mean i am presuming the barrell would be one (using the cleaning rod and a rag with some Oil Based Lube?). Also how often should i clean it?

Jing Gong BAR-10 G-Spec

-What ammunition?
    Ok so, what is the best ammo type for this gun? I have tried the .20g bb but i find they are very prone to wind etc. I have been trying .28g bb and they are much better. But i get the feeling .25 are the best, would i be right?

-Maintenance
    Same as the AEG, what exactly should i do to properly maintain this gun. Also how often should i clean it?

KJW Tanio Koba Tactical 1911

-Ammunition Type
    I currently use .20g BB's, recently somebody recommended i use .12g bb's but surely they are too light for a varly powerful sidearm?

-Cleaning the dirt...
    Ok so this gun takes some beatings, not scrapes or anything but my holster has a habbit of opening when i am legging it, so it falls in puddles etc (don't worry i clean the internals). I am just wondering, is it safe to strip the gun down to the plastic frame (take off the top piece) and leave it sitting in soapy water to remove dirt from the trigger, grip etc?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read, all responses appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

batteries:

i find that ASG batteries are the best....well from what iv tried anyway, iv tried firefox and wasnt impressed at all. if you are getting a battery get the highest mAh you can fit in the gun. the voltage will increase the rate of fire but the mAh will increase how long the battery will last for between charges.

cleaning:

i normally clean any mud and dirt of of my guns with a little silicon oil and a tooth (great for gettign in to small spots) or nail brush. and then normally just spray a squirt of silicon in the barrell and leave it.

as for the pistol do the same but make sure you give the moving parts such as the slide and slide rails a good oiling!

sniper bb's:

iv never tried .28's but i use .25's in my ssg, as far as i know the heavier you get the more accurate it will be but you will lose some distance range wise.

GBB bb's:

dont touch .12's EVER they are $hit and will jam in your guns and give you no end of trouble also the legal limit is 328 FPS with .20 bb's if you go for a lighter bb you could go over the legal limit (open to correction on this).

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Sinister747

Cool, thanks for all the help. Quick question, i understand that rasing the voltage (R.O.F) can damage the gearbox.

Would i better getting the same voltage (8.4) but higher mAh because its not the R.O.F that annoyes me, its the pathetic battery life

Cool, thanks for all the help. Quick question, i understand that rasing the voltage (R.O.F) can damage the gearbox.

Would i better getting the same voltage (8.4) but higher mAh because its not the R.O.F that annoyes me, its the pathetic battery life

depends on the gun i have a dboys m4 and jg g36 and i run both of them with 9.6v batteries.

some guns have nylon bushings that will wear down much quicker with the bigger battery if you wear to replace them with bearings and reshim while you were at it you should be ok.

if in doubt just go for the 8.4 and get the biggest mAh you can

is it a mini 8.4 or a large one your gun takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

the tac carbine takes large type

shblob wrote: »
    the tac carbine takes large type

if its a large battery ASG do a great one it 8.4 v and 3000 mAh

my nephew has one and tested it out by fully charging it and he was able to fire 19 hi cap mags on full auto with his beta spetz before it died.

we were testing it so the mags were fired none stop on full auto till the battery died.....what a waste of bb's i know:) if you were using it on single shot or at a site you would be doing this much firing so would easily get a day out of it.

P2200385.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Don't worry too much about the 1J limit with .12g BBs, theoretically you'll have to be shooting them at nearly 130m/s to exceed it. The risk is that if your gun is shooting that fast as soon as you put a .20 BB in it, you're way over.

Do avoid .12g BBs at all costs because they're usually very badly made and are liable to cause jams and possibly even damage to the gun. Also, someone whistling in the next field is enough to blow them off course.

Research has shown that .25g gives the best compromise between range and wind resistance in practice*. Going heavier doesn't usually get you any benefit as you lose range for only a tiny increase in accuracy.

Don't leave too much silicone oil in the barrel as it will affect the BB on its way out, and don't get it on the hop-up rubber as it will stop the backspin working.

* That very thorough piece of testing seems to have disappeared from the web. :( I should have cached it while I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

dont touch .12's EVER they are $hit and will jam in your guns and give you no end of trouble also the legal limit is 328 FPS with .20 bb's if you go for a lighter bb you could go over the legal limit (open to correction on this).

Weight of bb doesn't affect muzzle power, just fps (which isn't the same thing).

Yes, nast .12g BBs (usually the nasty yellow kind) suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

the battery i got with my dboys m4 from eirsoft is a 1.2v,1100 mah??

compared to yours i reckon this battery is Sh1t?

also how long would a battery like mine need to be charged?

Tomebagel wrote: »
    the battery i got with my dboys m4 from eirsoft is a 1.2v,1100 mah??

compared to yours i reckon this battery is Sh1t?

also how long would a battery like mine need to be charged?

1.2v is the voltage of one of the cells (batteries) you probably have 7 cells all stuck together which will give you 8.4v altogether.

what is the output current of your charger? it should say it on the charger it will have 250mAh or something like that

if you let me know what it is i can tell you how long to charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

thank you peter,

the output of the charger is 450ma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

I dont know if you know this already but when you get a new battery, you have to charge it and discharge it 2 or 3 times at first to get it working at its best (also simply using it till it runs flat counts as discharging it).

Hope that's all it is, I had the same surprise when I got my 1st aeg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

-What ammunition?
    Ok so, what is the best ammo type for this gun? I have tried the .20g bb but i find they are very prone to wind etc. I have been trying .28g bb and they are much better. But i get the feeling .25 are the best, would i be right?

depends on where your playing if you in the woods where low handing branches or bushes might be in your way go with 0.30g as it has a better chance of pushing past such obstacles and if your in a more open setting use 0.25g or the 0.28g.
    experiment with all the weights where your regularly skirmish youll find the best weight for your play style soon enough.

As for the GBB who ever said use 0.12 doesnt know what they are talking about. Do exactly the same as your sniper use heavier bbs dependant on your situation.

oh and the legal limit is not measured in fps its 1j muzzle velocity. dependant on the weight of the bb used the speed at which it leaves the barrel will be slower or faster but the energy inparted would still be the same.

http://asgcalc.hollved.com/us/index.php?page=downl
    power calculator and battery timer fairly simple and requires you know your aeg/sniper/gbb power to begin with but you can see as the weight goes up the energy stays the same while the speed goes down and the opposite happens when the weight goes down the speed increases but the energy imparted doesnt change

Tomebagel wrote: »
    thank you peter,

the output of the charger is 450ma?

2 hours and 20 minutes will do a full charge

Advertisement