Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa vs Chelsea 3rd/4th match thread

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Alex should of got a yellow for kicking the ball away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea aren't even trying. Gulf of class of players showing out there imo. Young looks well kept by Chelsea's defence and Villa aren't creating enough with him streching. Set piece I think is needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you cant beat a team like chelsea with hoof ball

thats whats really disappointing

we're more than capable of playing really really nice football, but we've instead reverted to the old rubbish of a) give it to ash, or b) kick it as far up the field as you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Cowardly performance from Villa. Afraid of Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DSB wrote: »
    Cowardly performance from Villa. Afraid of Chelsea.

couldn't agree more to be honest. no effort to play football. helix kind of hit it on the head saying they're capable but just hoofing it up the pitch.

chelsea in 2nd gear, still creating chances. they're strolling through this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

le sigh, ah well no title for us this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

growler wrote: »
    Chelsea should have battered Villa at the bridge earlier this year, that + the Hiddink new manager factor should equate to a reviatlised chelsea ending Villa's home record against us at last

3-1 chelsea Drogs, anelka and Lampard.

close ;)

good, and much needed result for the blues, looking a little frail at the back though still and can't afford to be sloppy against juve on wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

another important side note for chelsea I reckon is Drogba looking interested again.

he's not in top gear by any stretch but he's hungry again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought Villa were unlucky in the end, nothing dropped right for them in the end. Chelsea got away with a lot of fouls, both Mikel and Alex should have been booked in the second half imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Very good first half the movement of the Chelsea players was the best I've seen a in a while, and this time created chances, Villa improved but chelsea were giving the ball away far too easily.
    Anelka and Drogba caused problems, Ballack I thought was not up to scratch yet again.

Advertisement