Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Charge on Laser - BOI Card

Options
  • 20-02-2009 4:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Just looked at my 365Online and see that I have been charged for a Laser Transaction twice. The transaction happened on the 18th December and originally appears as taken from my account on the 20th of Decmber as "LR - 1812". The exact same notation appears on my account yesterday for the same amount.

Its only for a cinema ticket so not a whole lot of money but its annoying me that they would try and claim this twice or that BOI screwed up and took it from my account twice. Anyone have any experience with something like this with BOI and any hassle with resolution?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's a duplicate transaction. It's not a fault on the part of the bank. The cinema has put the transaction through twice by accident, in all likelihood it was a systems error as opposed to anyone actually putting it through manually. You need to contact your account holding branch and they can put a claim through to the retailer to get the funds refunded to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The handiest way is to print out the banking transactions and go to the cinema and show them you were charged twice and they can refund you that way.

Advertisement