Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall Video

• 20-02-2009 4:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Theres a few out there now since NDA was lifted.

This one is brief and shows about 8 - 9 members of a Mahirim guild (the wolf like race) defending their base against a much larger force than theirs, and winning.

Its not the best but its ok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORSC3HWilPg

Watch it in HD, obviously.

Shows you also how buggy it can be and how weak a lot of the sounds are.

The blue balls everyone is shooting is called Mana Missile. Its the basic spell you get at first and costs no reagents, hence its use.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Looks exciting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

fantasy planetside....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

jaggeh wrote: »
    fantasy planetside....
    Isn't that a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I certainly think so!

And the larger number of factions as well as clan controlled cities and towns goes a long way to dispel that parallel ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

best vaporware ever!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

Been used before for other games, but still funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMzmKFbiWQ4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Spunge wrote: »
    best vaporware ever!

if you dont like it m8, just fudge off then. Theres alot of people here who really waited for sandbox game like this.

And if something is not included on release, then we will just get it added during patches.

If game on release is not on its 100%, no need to call it vaporware. for such small developer team this is amazing achievment!

Just making a joke. Ill most likely be playing it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Never been so excited about a game release.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

if you dont like it m8, just fudge off then. Theres alot of people here who really waited for sandbox game like this.

And if something is not included on release, then we will just get it added during patches.

If game on release is not on its 100%, no need to call it vaporware. for such small developer team this is amazing achievment!

Woah chill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Using the V word can cause darkfall fans to go berserk.

Sorry lads, its just world of trolls goping on for really long time. Alot of people have nothing to say about game or they are not even planing on playing it, so they just say bulls*it.

Idea is simple: dont like it, move on then.

Just you have to admit, in this long everquest mmorpg model, darkfall is the only one who is trying to be different.

And i am not a FAN boy :D. Just really looking forward to something, which will remind me uo pre-trammel.

Strictly speaking, darkfall isnt trying to be different, it's trying to emulate Ultima Online, Shadowbane with a hint of planetside and world of warcraft thrown in.

The thing is, trolls will troll anyone for any reason. By rising to the trolling you should feed them.

And Darkfall appeals to me, but I'm not too narrow-minded to think that it doesnt have any flaws. Also, to say that people shouldnt criticise it and should just "move along" is ridiculous.

Ivan wrote: »
    Strictly speaking, darkfall isnt trying to be different, it's trying to emulate Ultima Online, Shadowbane with a hint of planetside and world of warcraft thrown in.

The thing is, trolls will troll anyone for any reason. By rising to the trolling you should feed them.

And Darkfall appeals to me, but I'm not too narrow-minded to think that it doesnt have any flaws. Also, to say that people shouldnt criticise it and should just "move along" is ridiculous.

Well, check mine post again. I did said, game is not perfect, that some things they were talking about might be not in game on release date.

People who criticise are okay. Its your opinion.

But when people say: this game is just sh*t... (Okay, why? Tell me its weak points, what did you not liked about it, and so on). Such people wount play game, and wount give it a chance aswell. They just trolling.So showing them door would be a right thing.

And btw, that fella did said he was joking. He is not a troll, and i said sorry to just bursting in there like this.

pre-orders are open

https://www.darkfallonline.com/accounts/f/default.php

page wont load for me though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Its been the case for a while now mate.

The admins posted the link for beta testers and said you have a 2 hour head start before we release the link to the public.

Naturally it was leaked in 5 seconds and theres been tons of trouble for everyone since.

I got one myself but its all over the forums still... Tasos the admin even said theres an unusual load of stress coming from Asia which they werent even considering targeting as an audience.
    Probably gold farmers and such, if its true that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

KoKane wrote: »
    Its been the case for a while now mate.

The admins posted the link for beta testers and said you have a 2 hour head start before we release the link to the public.

Naturally it was leaked in 5 seconds and theres been tons of trouble for everyone since.

I got one myself but its all over the forums still... Tasos the admin even said theres an unusual load of stress coming from Asia which they werent even considering targeting as an audience.
    Probably gold farmers and such, if its true that is.

What options were you given to pay for the preorder?

Is it really out on Wednesday? Wiki says the 25th of Feb, and i cant get on the main site.

It should be. They've renamed the beta server Server EU-1 or something similar so I guess it's still on track for it.

• Advertisement

Sweet, gonna download it now, and will hopefully be able to get on the site to pre-order it tonight. Shame i have to work Wednesday and Thursday.

Yeh I dont think they're gonna push it back now. Everything has gathered too much momentum.

I was given the options to pay by various Credit Cards if I remember correctly. I just flew through it tbh. Paid by visa and was just lucky it worked.
    Before that time it was working I did spend a good 20 mins refreshing :/

How much is it by the way?

i think its like 42 euro.

The pre-order consists of the Darkfall client digital download along with a month of play starting on February 25th. The full cost for this is 42 Euro. This amount WILL NOT be charged during the pre-order. What will be charged is an initial 2.52 Euro non-refundable payment to activate the process. The remainder (39.48) of the pre-release price will be billed on release, February 25th. You’ll be free to cancel the purchase any time before the additional charge goes in on February the 25th.

Darkfall’s monthly subscription is set at 11.77 euro. A 3 month subscription with a 10% discount and a six month subscription will be offered with 15% discount on the monthly subscription rate.

There is 19% VAT added to both the initial payment of 2.52 Euro and to the remainder (39.48) for residents of the European Union. The same applies to all the subscription charges. People outside the EU will not be charged VAT.

Pre-ordering took me something around 5 or 6 hours of refreshing, not sure if it's still frakked up but be prepared to keep tapping that F5 every so often :P

lol @ the chancers on Ebay.

400-600 for a pre order.

Someone has even bid on a PRe-Order priced at €99 !

Just created my account and pre-ordered it there. Downloading it now.

is it possible to pre-order with one card and pay with another. I only got 10 euro on a 3v so would have to buy another for the game.

Ya, i would think so. At least i know you can change your cards on any other mmo i've played.

Also, i could post some rapidshare links to this if i could just figure out how to stop the links from shortening when posted (as below)

• Advertisement

good lord :eek:

Advertisement