Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darkfall Video

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

pre ordered and download at 30% woooooooooooo ! choo choo here comes the pain train !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Apparently its sold out, according to the forums. Guess ill have to wait a few days.

EDIT: Ok i bypassed the "temporary sold out" thing somehow.
    Pre-ordered yay.
    That was a pain in the ass lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

here's another source for the client.
    Some australian website. Its in 4 big chunks.

http://games.on.net/filelist.php?app=1705&menu=16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Spunge wrote: »
    Apparently its sold out, according to the forums. Guess ill have to wait a few days.

EDIT: Ok i bypassed the "temporary sold out" thing somehow.
    Pre-ordered yay.
    That was a pain in the ass lol

yea that sold out thing is fake. They were all just trying to get people to stop zerging the pre order site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

My credit card isn't getting accepted. Looks like I have to wait until paypal is an option. :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Ah, Dread Og, is there anything he cant pwn in!

Hah, thats a piss take vid and a really great one at that :)

But it does show the pvp, from the perspective of an equivalent 1v1 in a T1 frigate. Where both parties fly to one another and orbit and just fire their T1 guns at one another while orbiting. Under the same scrutiny, I doubt EvE would look so hot either ;)

Still, despite your seemingly sarcastic post, I think it's a great video ;)

Heres one youll like better then

These guys are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Sand wrote: »
    Thats so funny.. he cant be serious ? "I want to establish that I was the first person to develop this technique"
    Sand wrote: »
    Heres one youll like better then

These guys are awesome.

Thats the vid the thread was opened with :P

I'd say theres gonna be more vids in the next 2 weeks or so as everyone reaches the point they got to in beta again.

Doh - I fail at reading threads from the start. Saw the Darkfall Vids thread and thought of that terrible one I had seen. It's a pretty epic advertisement for the game that you might have the opportunity to grief that guy. Is DFO single server or the usual split server arrangement?

Then I posted the second one I had watched:(

The concerning thing for me was watching the competent guys fight. Was pretty much running around [ slowly ] chasing some guy [ who I assume was panicking unless running away blindly is a win tactic] running away from you slicing away repeatedly, with some interludes of standing basically still, slicing away repeatedly at some guy until the other guy fell down. Is there a lot going on under the hood that we cant see on the video, or would that be a fairly objective assessment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Its just 1 server at the moment.

Well some people adapt a technique where they run away then jump and turn in mid air (while still maintaining their momentum away from you) to land either continuing their run or stopping for an attack.

People using polearms or greatswords (which have higher reach) will adapt this move a lot. Its a very bad idea but probably works on newbs.

The majority of people using greatswords (2handed big swords - more reach/damage, more stamina drain per use/slower to swing) will swing at you then turn, sprint for a second away to keep distance, then turn and repeat. Kinda dumb lol

Advertisement