Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd v Blackburn Match Thread 21st Feb 09

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Iang87 wrote: »
    Thats why ye are hated, instead of saying we got very lucky and got some help from the ref, he just says that.

WRONG! United fans are hated because they support the most successful team in recent times, FACT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

deisedevil wrote: »
    WRONG! United fans are hated because they support the most successful team in recent times, FACT!
    Well its strange that they were hated in the late seventies and early eighties so, and they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol is all I can say.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well its strange that they were hated in the late seventies and early eighties so, and they were.

Hated by who?

I was responding to the here and the now which Iang87 was referring to, he/she said we are hated because we don't admit when decisions went our way incorrectly. That's a load of BS!

Hated by who?

I was responding to the here and the now which Iang87 was referring to, he/she said we are hated because we don't admit when decisions went our way incorrectly. That's a load of BS!
    By the majority of other soccer fans. Its been that way for a long time. To say that it just happened when Alex Ferguson arrived is wrong. Its been that way all through the late seventies and right up to when they started winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

see thats what united fans think. thats not why most peope i know hate them. strange one isn't it you're wrong, FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

It's all gone v silly.., can we just close this thread? Match is over, we can do it all again next week..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Seems Blackburn fans only took up half their allocated tickets yesterday, was it because of their hatred of United stemming from the 60's or the party is over and they couldn't be arsed travelling the short distance to cheer on a team battling relegation.

United deserved the win, they deserve to be 8 points clear, best team in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Iang87 wrote: »
    see thats what united fans think. thats not why most peope i know hate them. strange one isn't it you're wrong, FACT
    In that case most people you know should get a life and stop hating millions of people

2nd place is almost as good as 1st mate

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Mod Hat on.

Ok folks this thread does not have long left in it but I will leave it open for a while longer But from now on only posts about the match will be allowed.

I could close it but thats not fair on the lads who still want to talk about the match.

Don't say you were not warned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Dave! wrote: »
    In that case most people you know should get a life and stop hating millions of people

2nd place is almost as good as 1st mate

meh absolutely ridiculous post that is all

Pity for poor blackburn yesterday felt they did enough to deserve the usual OT treatment. bit unfortunate really but sooner rather than later united should fold. they'll still win the league cos no1 is good enough to challenge but thats all

That really shows how little you know about football. If you have money and we can get and escrow I'm willing to have a sizeable bet with you on that.

Lol, just winding you up, two can play at that game mate. You knew well what you were doing making the comment about Santa Cruz.

Get over yesterday and leave out the bitterness you have brought with you from the Man Utd V Blackburn thread.

Lol, just winding you up, two can play at that game mate. You knew well what you were doing making the comment about Santa Cruz.

Get over yesterday and leave out the bitterness you have brought with you from the Man Utd V Blackburn thread.
    No bitterness here, but RSC showed yesterday how good he is, and he is only back to full fitness.

I will leave that stuff for the other thread, and possibly start another thread if Ronaldo does not get banned.

And wan't Ferdinand just great yesterday. As I've said, its Vidic making him look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

No bitterness here, but RSC showed yesterday how good he is, and he is only back to full fitness.

I will leave that stuff for the other thread, and possibly start another thread if Ronaldo does not get banned.

Bitter much? Boswinga didn't get banned either so don't start with this United favouritism crap.

RasTa wrote: »
    Bitter much? Boswinga didn't get banned either so don't start with this United favouritism crap.
    Who mentioned favouritism?

I am simply talking about a game yesterday and an incident in that game. I am a Rovers fan and he deserves to get banned for doing that to one of our players, the same way that Wright-Phillips did.

And wan't Ferdinand just great yesterday. As I've said, its Vidic making him look good.

Ferdiand and Vidic work well together, I agree Ferdinand is much better with Vidic with him, doesn't mean he's crap, just means he can concentrate on his own game and that they compliment each other.

How about this, United fans going on to every match thread and calling for whoever is the latest to commit a dirty tackle on Ronaldo be given their justice! What you seen yesterday was nothing compared to the crap he has to put up with especially against lower teams who know they have no chance against him bar kicking him around the place.
    Get over it, it wasn't like he threw a kick at him while he was going in on goal and no peno was given. It was a tap out of frustration, the fact your making such a big deal out of it and would have been relying on that decision to win the game is a joke.

Ferdiand and Vidic work well together, I agree Ferdinand is much better with Vidic with him, doesn't mean he's crap, just means he can concentrate on his own game and that they compliment each other.

How about this, United fans going on to every match thread and calling for whoever is the latest to commit a dirty tackle on Ronaldo be given their justice! What you seen yesterday was nothing compared to the crap he has to put up with especially against lower teams who know they have no chance against him bar kicking him around the place.
    Get over it, it wasn't like he threw a kick at him while he was going in on goal and no peno was given. It was a tap out of frustration, the fact your making such a big deal out of it and would have been relying on that decision to win the game is a joke.
    If any player from Blackburn or any other club for that matter had done that to a United player you guys would be up in arms over it. And you would be right, its not part of the game, its illegal and can be dangerous if he connected in the wrong place.
    What are you talking about he was going in on gaold and no peno, are you talking about the dive?
    He had the ball taken off his foot by Dunny and he kicked out at him.

Anyways we better stop discussing the match here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

What are you talking about he was going in on gaold and no peno, are you talking about the dive?

He men't It wasn't a match changing decision in the perspective that they were going to score and ronaldo kicked him. It really was just a reflex kick like. He should have been disciplined for it but he wasn't. End of.

I can't wait for the Inter match now. Hope we play much better than we did yesterday. Is evans defo out now?

If any player from Blackburn or any other club for that matter had done that to a United player you guys would be up in arms over it. And you would be right, its not part of the game, its illegal and can be dangerous if he connected in the wrong place.

I just said that United fans don't get up in arms over all the ridiculous tackles on Ronaldo that go unpunished, your whingeing about a silly little tap and wanting him lynched for it. I don't see any United fans up in arms over these tackles, then again we're winning most of our games this season so we're not going to be bitter over minor details like yourself.

And I was saying it wasn't like the kick he through at him took him down in the box, it didn't affect the game in any way, but you'd rather win a game with an opposition player being sent off for a petulant kick than do it the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

If any player from Blackburn or any other club for that matter had done that to a United player you guys would be up in arms over it.

No we wouldn't, I would call him a dirty so and so but I wouldn't care if someone kicked Ronaldo out of frustration.

but you'd rather win a game with an opposition player being sent off for a petulant kick than do it the hard way.
    No, there are rules in the game and if a guy breaks those rules he should be punished.

The fact the he broke those rules and remained on the field and scored a goal from a free kick means that we were undone by a player who should not have been on the pitch.

Now if there was no rule regarding petulant behviour like that, then a free kick to us would have been fine. We didn't even get a free kick ffs.

On a personal level, I don't like that behaviour and its against the rules so he should get a ban just like Wright-Phillips. Its not like its the first time he has done this either. So unless he is treated properly he is not going to learn his lesson and stop doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

typically resilient win for utd, but despite what many are claiming, they did not 'clearly' deserve to win. Blackburn came to compete at Old Trafford, and did it well, causing pig as many if not more problems than robbo.

ronaldo should've been sent off, end of. trying to justify it with the 'he gets kicked all the time' argument is laughable. other players get fouled/kicked too, maybe not as much, but they still do. to put on my pool hat for a second, torres gets lumps eaten out of him, but does he react the way ronnie does? no.

i agree with a previous poster...fans should really just own up when their team gets lucky with decisions; especially top teams like utd, pool, chelsea, villa, arse etc. Because they're the top teams they rarely NEED decisions to go their way and it won't affect the end result too much normally. but today, I'm afraid, it did imo.

utd are the best team in the country at the moment, nobody in their right mind will argue that, but it would be nice that if on the days a team, like Blackburn yesterday, compete really well and have their fair share of the game; or on the days when utd are below par and teams have a chance, that a fair shake is given and a fair amount of big decisions might go that team's way.

Blackburn genuinely deserved more. fair play. it's great to see a team go to OT with pretty much no fear and go at them. it should tell teams (i'm looking at you arsene) that utd aren't untouchable and also that they're not to be feared (i'm looking at you roy hodgson and your team's gutless performance last week).

Advertisement