Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redknapp will live or die in next 9 days

Options
  • 20-02-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

IMHO.

Staked his reputation on Hull away on Monday night plus United in the Carling Cup, anything less than 3 points and a performance at Wembley (not necessarily a win) is unacceptable after he left key players at home for last night's game.

He's been allowed prioritise competitions in a way no other manager before him was allowed, so he needs to deliver.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

IMHO.

Staked his reputation on Hull away on Monday night plus United in the Carling Cup, anything less than 3 points and a performance at Wembley (not necessarily a win) is unacceptable after he left key players at home for last night's game.

He's been allowed prioritise competitions in a way no other manager before him was allowed, so he needs to deliver.

have to agree. a big showing from the boys in th 2 matches is a must. especially wembley.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

IMHO.

Agreed, nothing but a win on Monday night will be good enough for me, and a huge performance at Wembley. Lose on Monday and battered at Wembley and well....I'll say no more and see what the next 10 days brings us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

he should never have been brought to our club in the first place... i'll always stand over the fact that he's bad for the club, but i suppose its not his fault that he's a media lapdog loving hammer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hull will be a tough game, as they are just as desperate for points, but i still think that we will win the game. If we lose, we are going down. Simple as. As for the CC final, we'll wait and see. Would love another win, but would be happy with a hard fought loss. Just play some football for **** sake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

he should never have been brought to our club in the first place... i'll always stand over the fact that he's bad for the club, but i suppose its not his fault that he's a media lapdog loving hammer

Personnally i reckon we would be rock bottom at this stage if he was not brought in. He could be the master of his own downfall if we dont pick up three points at hull ,if he keeps us up then job done.
    next season is a different matter though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

I'd rather 3 points against Hull than the Carling Cup. Remember what happened after we won last year? The team gave up and I think won only 2 games for the remainder of the season. We can't afford to let that happen again. :o

And Redkrapp is not the man for the job. I'm sick of hearing him use the excuse that we had just 2 points from 8 games before he came along.

I think he'll be replaced in the summer. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

el diablo wrote: »
    I'm sick of hearing him use the excuse that we had just 2 points from 8 games before he came along.

Same comment in the Mirror today - I'm more worried about our next 8 games 'Arry than ancient history!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

IMHO.

So did he do enough in your opinion to live?
    I thought we played well today and if we had of had defo and keane to take penalties but thats all ifs and buts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

happy enough with the performance today. Lennon was definitely our best player and was everywhere, tracking back etc. but Bentley is a waste of space.

Wednesday against Boro will be difficult as they're on a good run and we'll be still recovering from the Cup final. At least we'll have a few fresh players available like Keane, Palacios, Chimbonda and maybe Woodgate.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

So did he do enough in your opinion to live?

3pts and a decent attempt at winning yesterday, that's exactly what I said he'd need to deliver to vindicate his decision to roll over in Europe.

He put that pressure on himself by the way.

• Advertisement

Ya i rekon if he can build his own team in the summer he'll be able to take us top 6/7 next year and hopefully then make that giant leap into the top 4 after another two maybe.

read this and i know its only the mirror but lennon has been one of our best and most consisitant players this term n he had this to say!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/columnists/dan-silver/2009/03/10/aaron-lennon-is-merely-the-latest-in-a-long-line-of-harry-redknapp-approved-tottenham-scapegoats-115875-21187086/

am i being a bit harsh on redknapp?

I wouldn't put to much stock into that myself but ppl will believe what they like he's done a good job stabilising the club and most spurs fans will agree Lennon's final ball need's work but if you read this http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_5025001,00.html it comes across much better.

No doubt we'll have a new manager anyway next october:rolleyes:

them tabllods take one thing and make it sound totally different to how it was meant. they are w@nk#rs.

that was just harry pointing out facts not hsaving a pop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

ya the papers always take thing out of context. I would agree with redknapp though. He has been our best midfielder this year but sometimes his crossing is v.poor. Sometimes he puts way too much pace on the ball not allowing for the striker to react to it.

Advertisement