Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats going down?

Options
  • 20-02-2009 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

I'm in Limerick today there seems to awful lot of Garda action around the city. Saw a lot of squad cars on the dock road, there's been sirens going off all morning and the army helicopter hovering over head.

Anything going down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Casperbhoy

No, just a standard day in Limerick:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

It's probably the 10 or so gangland killings in Dublin so far this year.
    The Gardai said they were going to crack down on them yesterday, so naturaly they're gonna send the task force to Limerick.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Is the army helicopter the large red one?
    I saw the large red one hovering around town but i thought it looked like a hospital type heli.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

fade2che wrote: »
    Is the army helicopter the large red one?
    I saw the large red one hovering around town but i thought it looked like a hospital type heli.

no that would be the air sea rescue chopper, the army ones are green!!!! :rolleyes::eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

foinse wrote: »
    no that would be the air sea rescue chopper, the army ones are green!!!! :rolleyes::eek::D

Ya it was a green one. Thought there might have been another match in Thomond Park or something :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Fair cop foinse! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'll tell you what aint goin down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fade2che wrote: »
    Fair cop foinse! :o
    believe me, he ain't :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

zuroph wrote: »
    believe me, he ain't :D:D:D

boo urns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

isnt one of those scumbags being released from prison, that might be it? - or maybe its a riot at the queue of thousands of job applicatants at the re-opened Castletroy Park Hotel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was passed by a Prison Van being flanked by two unmarked cars going full tilt in the direction of Dublin around 30 minutes ago.

Coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Berty wrote: »
    I was passed by a Prison Van being flanked by two unmarked cars going full tilt in the direction of Dublin around 30 minutes ago.

Coincidence?

It wasnt being followed by a truck driven by a clown and a bloke on a honda 50 dressed like Batman was it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Christy keane was released from prison yesterday or day before. I've heard from sources that the guards are expecting war.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

last night i was comin out of my house and a ambulance, 2 of those garda armed cars and another ambulance went flying out towards the regional.. thought somethign serious had happened but there was nothing in the news today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I went down on a young broad earlier. No cops were involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I reckon they are escalating their campaign against people driving without Tax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭jmccoy

I saw on of the armed units on Wednesday passing the fire station in a major hurry. However, they could have been on a normal unarmed call, they are the same as any squad car until they get a call for armed assistance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Definitely something going on yesterday. I was at the BOI on O'Connell St at about 10 last night, a regular squad car, one of the ARU's and an unmarked Volvo all flew past lights flashing and sirens blaring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Melion wrote: »
    Definitely something going on yesterday. I was at the BOI on O'Connell St at about 10 last night, a regular squad car, one of the ARU's and an unmarked Volvo all flew past lights flashing and sirens blaring.

Not to mention the 2 ambulances that were doing at least 100mph down O'Connell street around the same time. Was it a training exercise I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

cool, ya i heard the chopper yesterday flying around the ennis rd area..thats class..cops know something we dont..s*it gona go down..i feel like im in LA in some gangsta movie or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I must reminder to switch on my scanner more often.

as if ud get much info on the scanner, other than "tom give me a ring on the mobile there!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

did anyone else hear about a drive by shooting up in Weston about an hour ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Yeah heard the same - no other details though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Saw two ARU units tearing down Henry St about an hour ago, passed at least 6 sqaud cars on the dublin road and town as well there's def something going on, could be the training exercise thing too though

Heard they are on the lookout for this dangerous gang leader:

Something definitely going down tonight. Was driving from Corbally across the city. Met a squad car which pulled over a car outside Garveys, Met the Armed response unit parked on Nicholas St (i think) right beside Marys Cathedral. and there were 3 or 4 gardai up near the Mount (O'Connell Ave) out with flashlights stopping cars. Checked mine for tax/insurance.

Something definitely going down tonight. Was driving from Corbally across the city. Met a squad car which pulled over a car outside Garveys, Met the Armed response unit parked on Nicholas St (i think) right beside Marys Cathedral. and there were 3 or 4 gardai up near the Mount (O'Connell Ave) out with flashlights stopping cars. Checked mine for tax/insurance.
    end of a short month, got to meet them quotas!

• Advertisement

Haha good one Zuroph

Advertisement