Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil Prenderville

Options
  • 20-02-2009 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I enjoy his show, but does he ever stop talking about the Boardwalk?

Its absolutely headwrecking.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

I hate-dispise-detest him, his show, his stupid restaurant and the ground beneath his feet.

Big party my place the day he dies... all invited.

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭corkhero

A bit dramatic.

I quite enjoyed the food at the restaurant any time iv been.

Its just the constant advertising on both his show and Inside cork is ridiculous.

also the amount of euro millions ads on the show are wreckin my head as there isn't a hope im going to win and im broke at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

very occaisionally he has decent stuff on it but I don't really like him much either. i just flick onto redfm or some other station when he comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I just hate 96fm full stop. From the annoying Nick Richards in the morning, to Ken I can't go 4 seconds without saying eh Tobin, and don't even get me started on the voiceover for every jingle they do. The guy sounds like a child molestor 'Coouuuurks 96 FM'.

Prendeville is probably the best of a very very poor bunch.

And in case you hadn't guessed, my work radio is stuck on ninty-sh*t FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Didnt he get in trouble at one point for talking about the restaurant all the time? I'm sure I heard him bitching that he wasnt able to talk about it a while back :D. Saying that, I heard the food is good but you'd want to be fecking loaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

He's an awful bollix!

I do however enjoy eating in the Boardwalk.
    I can't stand the radio, it's so much adds and bullsh!t
    Gately owns most of the boadwalk anyway so I don't mind dropping a few quid in there. He seems to me to be a hard worker so it's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Haven't listened to him in years - doubt I have missed anything.

Ken tobins show is exactly the same every day.

listen to it bout 12.20 today and he will list out some stories about artists.

then he will ask people to request songs from the artists.

yes work is boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Remember the lyrics sung about him years ago at the city matches..

In the deepest part of Africa, Where the white man never roams,
    Lays the body of an...........

I better not finish it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

JohnK wrote: »
    Saying that, I heard the food is good but you'd want to be fecking loaded.

The food is OK... and I think the Boardwalk is solid enough overall, despite the pretentious forced American feel to it. The prices were too high at first (who will spend €22 on a steak at lunch time?) but last time I went there I got the feeling that they have already adapted, with cheaper stuff available now and you can get a normal lunch for less than €10.

I have never been there in the evening, and I don't see how it could work as a late bar.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Wouldn't eat in a restaurant owned by that arrogant muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

" Niall, my wheeliebin Niall! "

Had to be done.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭omerin

np is ok, better show then the gob****e victor barry on red fm and the humble gerry ryan (remove tongue from cheek)
    you'd need an arrogant attitude for those type of shows to get peoples backs up and to get phone calls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ian Mac

corkhero wrote: »
    I enjoy his show, but does he ever stop talking about the Boardwalk?

Its absolutely headwrecking.

John is that you :eek::D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

he is a bit of lang ball alright but its entertainment at it's best!!! He loves talking about himself and his holidays and his kids and yes his rest!! :D

omerin wrote: »
    np is ok, better show then the gob****e victor barry on red fm and the humble gerry ryan (remove tongue from cheek)
    you'd need an arrogant attitude for those type of shows to get peoples backs up and to get phone calls
    Ryan is arrogant, but at least he's willing to listen to other people's opinions, and debate them. Prendeville deals with differing opinions by cutting people off and shouting them down. That's ignorant, lazy and very poor journalism. I can't understand why anyone listens to him, and the idea of not liking him but still lining his pocket by going to his restaurant utterly befuddles me.

It's no wonder this country is in the state it's in. The word "principle" seems to have been removed from the Irish dictionary.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I like the fact that you can find out about things going on in our city, but at the same time he talks a lot about stuff he is interested in, which can get annoying. Do want to try the restaurant, but just for the sake of trying a new place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

I like the radio station that plays music all the time and only interrupts every now and then to say "This is a test transmission".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

dahamsta wrote: »
    ...I can't understand why anyone listens to him...
    Its the only station I can get proper reception on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

JohnK wrote: »
    Its the only station I can get proper reception on :o

Then turn off your radio! :D

I have not listened to him since I moved out of home 10 years ago. Twice NP has directly caused problems for me at work because of his idle BS talk. He made a half-assed comment about a product which he later had to retract but not after causing me grief!

I like trying new restaurants but I will never eat in the BoardWalk, no matter how good it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭geffkane

forced to listen to him at work and I find him really annoying. he is a small minded,uninformed small town right wing prig. he pretends that he is approacing issues as a "common" man but he is just lazily unknowledgeable. I can see him going into anti foreigner mode big time soon. and 96fm plays the same songs all the time. every day I hear Human, Run, Greatest Day and now Just Dance at least two times each. they are totally predicable and risk averse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

there should be a law against him being on the radio. all he does is stir s**t!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I like the fact that he's opinionated and likes to voice his regularly, it makes for entertaining radio. Whatever you say about his show, its not boring! Much better morning radio than stuff on the other local radio stations in Munster, of that i'm sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

His show can very entertaining at times,more times then its bland,where excactly is his restaurant?is it expensive?

grenache wrote: »
    I like the fact that he's opinionated and likes to voice his regularly, it makes for entertaining radio.
    It probably does, for people at his level.

His show can very entertaining at times,more times then its bland,where excactly is his restaurant?is it expensive?

Next to the clarion.

And yes it is expensive enough although the food is nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nice place though is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

towel401 wrote: »
    I like the radio station that plays music all the time and only interrupts every now and then to say "This is a test transmission".

4FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Love when he kicks an argument off, it can be great fun.

Advertisement