Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eircom] First bill is very high

Options
  • 20-02-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Signed up for an Eircom phone line and Broadband bundle some time back in October. Eventually 2 weeks ago Eircom came out and put up the poles and installed the phone line. Just waiting on the Broadband package to arrive now and get set up.
    But I got an email this morning saying that my bill had arrived. Its for €166. How can it be for that much? I thought when I signed up before Christmas that it was free connection?
    Cant analyse my bill on the website so will have to wait till I get home to see whats going on.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So you placed an order to get a new phone line in, sounds like they charged you an install fee for the work required to put in the line..

eircom.ie states:
    * Once off connection fee from €25.09 to €121.93 applies, depending on the type of connection your line require

This is on the get a new phone line and Broadband link, given they had to put a pole in and new lines sounds like they hit you with the full wack of 121.93 along with line rental and calls perhaps.

See text at the end of this screenshot
    eircomline.jpg

Also I've edited the thread titile to make it more clear to people what this thread is about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Cabaal wrote: »
    So you placed an order to get a new phone line in, sounds like they charged you an install fee for the work required to put in the line..

eircom.ie states:

This is on the get a new phone line and Broadband link, given they had to put a pole in and new lines sounds like they hit you with the full wack of 121.93 along with line rental and calls perhaps.

Also I've edited the thread titile to make it more clear to people what this thread is about

Thanks Cabaal. Sorry shouldve put a better title on the thread.
    I must check through the documents from when I ordered it but Im almost certain it was free connection.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Thanks Cabaal. Sorry shouldve put a better title on the thread.
    I must check through the documents from when I ordered it but Im almost certain it was free connection.

I've edited my post to include a screenshot of the page I'm referring to :)
    Hope that helps you out

Advertisement