Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some good news at last

Options
  • 20-02-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Thank you to you all that helped and supported me here - my daughter and I are now in the very very early days of a reunion. I am thrilled.

I know the road ahead for both of us will be tough but I have high hopes!!!

I just wanted to share my good news with you all and maybe give some of you hope.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Congratulations- I'm thrilled to hear of your good news.
    The very best of good luck to you and your daughter.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karker

I am thrilled for you both. I am about to embark on tracing my birth mother myself. I am experiencing so many different emotions about what i am about to embark on. It is something I have been thinking about for a while but could never pluck up the courage or bring myself to do it. So here it goes this year after much reflection i am going to do it. Both my adopted parents are so supportive and mean the world to me. As far as i am concerned they are my parents and mean the world to me but i have this desire that needs to be fulfilled. Do I look like her, do I get certain mannerisms from her and what is my family medical history. I am not going into this looking for a relationship if it happens it happens but hopefully i may get some of my questions answered. I am adopted from sacred heart in Cork and am wondering what have been your experiences in tracing your birth parents from there and how helpful did you find them. Again good for you and all you can do is take one day at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

congratulations , i wish you and your daughter a happy reunion, hope this is the start of a great relationship.....kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

The best of luck to both of you. My biological family are on the other side of the world but I maintain contact through skype and other forms of electronic communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I'm so pleased for you! I really hope all goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 m28

I'm a newcomer to the site. I traced my birth Mother 10 years ago. Congratulations!!

Advertisement