Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox Live - Free Trial didn't happen

• 20-02-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

I hooked my XBox up for the first time to XBox Live and I had to pay $7.99 for a month.

I thought I was meant to get a free month?
    That's what it said on the leaflet with my XBox.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Cheers
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

You need to enter a code which you have got with the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

hosi wrote: »
    You need to enter a code which you have got with the console.

It said ont he leaflet that I didn't need a code!

That's interesting. I can't imagine how could you get a trial gold membership without a code. You need a code in order to activate the gold membership on your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

When it asked you what membership you wanted did you pick silver or gold? Also, you cant have registered your email adddress on xbox.com before you set it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

You need to create your gamertag on the console the first time. If you have previously registered on XBox.com and created a gamertag, then it won't give you the free month. I think it's only meant to be for new people starting from the Console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

hosi wrote: »
    That's interesting. I can't imagine how could you get a trial gold membership without a code. You need a code in order to activate the gold membership on your account.

Nah, you dont need a code for your free trial when you start on xbox live. You have to pick the silver membership and it should say you're eligible for a free month trial

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yep, just create a new tag via the console and select the Silver membership level despite all the great things it will try and tell you about Gold. Once you've finished the registration it will automajically upgrade you account for you as long as that console has not been used for that 4 times already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

i never put in a code for my free trial for my 3 accounts i clicked on silver membership doh did u try that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

if you interested I am selling 12months live subs for only 30 euro over on adverts.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

how much is it normally for the year?

• Advertisement

madma wrote: »
    how much is it normally for the year?
    €60

Advertisement