Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 Internet Phone on Vodafone

• 20-02-2009 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have the Nokia N95 8g phone. I was wondering if anyone has used the Internet phone on the vodafone network? If so, how do I set it up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mosimorgan wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone has used the Internet phone on the vodafone network?

Not sure what you mean by this? If it is just the settings, there is a sticky at the top of this forum. Otherwise, you can contact Vodafone and they will send the settings you your phone via text message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i was thinking the same as you but i just copped he's talking about the internet telephone which i think is nokia's own voip client

i have no idea how to set it up, just clarifying what you want :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Installing Fring will allow you to use Skype via wifi but last time I tried
    it via Vodafone Live it was blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mosimorgan

Installing Fring will allow you to use Skype via wifi but last time I tried
    it via Vodafone Live it was blocked.
    Thank you for this info. Worked a treat, exactly what I was hoping to achieve. Spent weekend on Skype on the mobile, for free (aside from broadband connection charges). For your info, workd off Vodafone MMS and not Vodafone live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mosimorgan wrote: »
    For your info, workd off Vodafone MMS and not Vodafone live.

that's very odd. vodafone mms is only for picture messages and nothing else should work through it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mosimorgan

I am afraid that is for people who understand this alot better than I do. I can barely get the phone to operate when and how I want it to. I am sure that using vodafone will bypass the prepaid data that I have on the account and will be charged seperately to that. Vodafone seem to have an ability to do that quite well.

Advertisement