Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's good for Sunday lunch?

Options
  • 20-02-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Three generations - mother, myself, sister and niece (aged 6 but very well behaved) want to go somewhere nice for Sunday lunch before a concert in the NCH.

To my surprise a lot of my first choice - La Mere Zou - is closed for lunch on Sundays. Now I'm stumped - any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Roly's in Ballsbridge does a great lunch - and good value too. Is it a bit too far from NCH?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Feoras

I am also looking for somewhere for a group (of 8) with decent food and not too pricey. Carvery food is fine. But I would like it to be outside the city centre, preferably West. I'd go as far as Maynooth or Naas. I was told there's a good place in Mullingar but that's a little far I think. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Nowhere!!! Stay home!!

On Sundays the food is really awful, they will make you eat things bought on Friday (and picked up on Thursday).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Nowhere!!! Stay home!!

On Sundays the food is really awful, they will make you eat things bought on Friday (and picked up on Thursday).

Chances are what you are eating at home was picked up on Friday, Thurdsay, Weds, Tues...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭The Stig

Nowhere!!! Stay home!!

What a ridiculous thing to say.
    All the main fresh food Companies who deliver to established restaurants will Deliver on Saturday and major players also have the purchasing power to have them deliver on Sunday.

Rolys have my bet for Sunday lunch.. Very affordable in these times!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Feoras

OK... It's Sunday now, any useful information? :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved from F&D.

Hope you get some suggestions here folks. It's probably worth having a search too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I guess it's a bit late now (I don't subscribe to F&D), but for carvery with kids, I've been told Buswells is excellent on a Sunday. And close to the NCH too.

Advertisement