Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Cat bounce

Options
  • 20-02-2009 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

do people think we're far away from the above?

I have nothing to base it on bar the sentiment of people around me personally and professionally and the increase of posts on this forum and various others where people are starting to see what they perceive as great value in certain sections of the housing markets and all seem to be in "fear" that someone else will snap up their "dream" home

do people in the know feel we're going to see a bit of a bounce anytime soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭jackal

Yes, I think its quite likely to see the feline folly sometime soon. A concerted effort on the part of the concerned parties (Banks, E.A's, Media) will be the signal for those who are looking. The likes of AIB's FTB "special offer" mortgage which is only available for a month and a half screams set-up to me. I would foresee a few people taking up this pathetic offer (1 year fixed rate - whoop de do) and the house price figures for that month being markedly better because there is such a low volume of transactions. This will be heralded as the second coming by the ever compliant media, Estate Agents will scream "Quick buy now!!!!" and a few more will get sucked in before prices fall off the cliff again.

*takes crystal ball and goes home* :cool:

Advertisement